The Watch Site banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How cool is that ?

French local ad, 250 euros to pick up in Normandie (north west part of France).
I guess it's a garage door behind it... So the sign is probably HUGE.

·
Administrator
33,851 Posts
My wife would castrate me, but it would be good in the work shop :72:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Explaining a 4 hour drive to pick up a Seiko service center watchmaker's bench was bad enough. I cannot imagine how much pleading, groveling, and begging I'd have to do to make this one happen!

·
Registered
685 Posts
You're not the only one, I picked up this Seiko window sign off ebay last year for about £5 delivered!..... No idea why, but I just fancied it.

I then spotted this old 60's matchbook on ebay a few weeks ago, and for a few quid it was delivered to me all the way from America!...

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
now this would be a difficult one to explain to the wife... lol

there was a large seiko wall clock here in helsinki. but when they were doing renovation work on the court yard that had it (as per last time i walked through) they never put it back. was about 1 meter square.

so put it down to preserving the seiko history for future enjoyment before they get skipped by others.

here is a photo of the clock. i should double check to see if it has been reinstated.

so i say grab it while you can.

·
Administrator
33,851 Posts
Explaining a 4 hour drive to pick up a Seiko service center watchmaker's bench was bad enough. I cannot imagine how much pleading, groveling, and begging I'd have to do to make this one happen!
I would of been MORE than happy to grovel very low for one of those to play with, lucky you :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love this thread :)

And there is a second one !
height 2.30m, width 50cm and 16cm thick.
Selling in the south west of france this time :

·
Administrator
33,851 Posts
I wonder what the postage to the UK would be ? :)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha. The guy did not even put a price on the second one, he's asking for offers. "To be picked up" once again.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
the odd late saturday nights after a few orange juices i would walk past it. thinking on how best to get it on the late train home ... :grin:
I'm sure a few of us could dismount it and "re-allocate" it to one of our places of choosing :eek:hmy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts