The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just broke my self imposed ban on any new watches for 2010 and pulled the trigger on this 6139 chrono
that i have been eying out for years at my watchmaker. :) I have been lucky enough to have a local watchmaker
with an extensive private collection of seikos stashed in his safe that he allows me to "play" with whenever I drop in.
I have always liked the6139- 7060 from the first time i saw it years ago. The dial really pops out ,its a good size for a 6139
measuring almost 40mm and about 13+ mm thick. The xstal is mineral. The bracelet is original ,even though the links a folded
they are pretty tight and don't have that tin feeling that some folded bracelets do. The watch of course has had a full service including
seals and movement .
If you are into chronos and 6139's in particular put this on your hit list, it really wears very nice if you know what i mean............

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Very nice, this is one of my favorite 6139's. Yours appears to be in very nice all original condition, wear it in good health,.,..

I am personally looking to get the gold or green dialed JDM Speedtimer versions of this watch which look like this to add to my black dialed one like yours..

Gold Dial:

Green Dial:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Technoman said:
Very nice, this is one of my favorite 6139's. Yours appears to be in very nice all original condition, wear it in good health,.,..

I am personally looking to get the gold or green dialed JDM Speedtimer versions of this watch which look like this to add to my black dialed one like yours..
cheers, thanks
The speedtimers look absolutely fantastic. The green JDM is my favorite,but a pretty rare bird to catch I believe. Good luck hunting................bill

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've got the slate gray Speedtimer version with an original bracelet. There was a green on the 'bay not too long ago but it was bunched up with a lot of "meh" watches with a BIN price of around $600. Don't know if the lot ever sold.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Cobrajet25 said:
The gold ones are cool. I am still looking for a green one! >:D ---A
I've got a green one, but its slightly different from the model you desire.

But when I say I've got a green one, that isn't strictly true anymore because my wife has had it firmly clamped onto her wrist for the past month :( . She likes the colour ::)

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
catflem said:
I've got a green one, but its slightly different from the model you desire.

But when I say I've got a green one, that isn't strictly true anymore because my wife has had it firmly clamped onto her wrist for the past month :( . She likes the colour ::)

[/quote]

I guess I'm lucky my wife doesn't like watches. ;) ;) My sister, on the other hand has "borrowed" my 033. I got a sinking feeling that I ain't gonna see that one anytime soon! :'( :'(

Cheers!
Mike

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
That's a really attractive watch, I love the asymmetrical ring around the subregister especially. It's a beauty.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Cobrajet25 said:
The gold ones are cool. I am still looking for a green one! >:D ---A

Thats interesting, I wasn't aware there were multiple dial variations for the gold..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts