The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if I'll succeed but here is what I'm planning on for 2017
One watch with one exception
I will turn 50 in Nov of 2017. I hope to save enough to buy something very nice. I just bought the new Turtle and my plan is to sell everything else (not a lot or valuable) and save for whatever I decide to wear for the next 50
I've was going to wear a 007 Seiko, which I really like, but always felt it a touch small.
The Turtle is robust and should dress up nice and be rugged enough.
The exception: I have a Garmin fenix 3 for exercising. I really wrestled with a gshock and an old Suunto Vector I've had for a while but the test is really can I wear just one.
I would post an image but not enough posts! The Seiko is the SRP 777

Love to hear some thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
Go for it donoman! There is one srp I'd like and it's the 789. The 777 is very nice, though. A whole year? I don't see why not...it'll be tough and hey you may never buy another watch. :)

What is the goal? Which watch...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I have picked up these two with a seiko bracelet, seiko rubber strap and a NATO. 6 days to decide!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still wearing the 789. On vacation snorkeling in the Dominican Republic and here it still is keeping good time and looking great! Bad picture of it but that’s life

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Cool, how did your year go? Did you decide on something "very nice", or did you find the 789 nice enough to keep wearing it the next 50 years? :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I couldn’t settle on one! I made it a month or two with two watches then this happened:
I’ve been wearing in a rotation of sorts- a Pre-Moon Omega Speedmaster-69, the Seiko SRP 789, a Seiko 6309-7040, a Seiko 7458-700f(Norman Schwarzkopf), a Hamilton Khaki Field Pioneer Mechanical, a G-Shock DW6600(Chris Kyle), sometimes a DW 5600,and a Breitling Shark quartz from the early 90’s.

·
Premium Member
9,630 Posts
not a bad rotation at all ....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So three and a half years now and I still have the Seiko SRP 789 the 6309-7040, the Schwartzkopf and now a Tudor GMT. The others are on other wrists.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts