The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I received my metal band today from buyee today for my recently acquired 61397010 and man, I was not expecting this.
I could be completely wrong, as I obviously did not fully understand the japanese ad but the band is feather light and the material looks and feels super cheap! I know, part of the risk of ordering overseas but.. I have no idea how to tell if it's all real stainless steel with the exception of the inner clasp. I've owned other metal bands before and this weighs not even close to any of them.

I'm hoping if other seiko bracelet owners can chime in. I know there are a LOT of types of bracelets but I'm more curious about those that own the aftermarket oyster or jubliee - are they super light, and cheap feeling?

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I have found out ........... " Super Oyster " they are like those thin small
Analog Seiko 100-150 diver watch straps.
You would expect a quite thick bracelet for being ......... "SUPER " but they are not close to that.
I don't like them at all and never get them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have found out ........... " Super Oyster " they are like those thin small
Analog Seiko 100-150 diver watch straps.
You would expect a quite thick bracelet for being ......... "SUPER " but they are not close to that.
I don't like them at all and never get them.
thank you for your feedback. i too do not like what i got. haha price of taking a risk on a different site but lesson learned.

·
Registered
912 Posts
So I received my metal band today from buyee today for my recently acquired 61397010 and man, I was not expecting this.
I could be completely wrong, as I obviously did not fully understand the japanese ad but the band is feather light and the material looks and feels super cheap! I know, part of the risk of ordering overseas but.. I have no idea how to tell if it's all real stainless steel with the exception of the inner clasp. I've owned other metal bands before and this weighs not even close to any of them.

I'm hoping if other seiko bracelet owners can chime in. I know there are a LOT of types of bracelets but I'm more curious about those that own the aftermarket oyster or jubliee - are they super light, and cheap feeling?

Let's see a picture please!
In my mind the right bracelet for that is a solid link one, like on this 6139-7012.... But as always I expect there were a fee different versions.

(Sorry for the old and logo'd pics, all I could find quickly).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts