The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to identify the movement on a "ACME LEVER" fob watch ive owned for a couple of years. I do know that these watches were imported and sold by H samual, and looking at other examples ive seen on the interweb it looks fairly original, including the case.
The movement is marked as being Swiss and its a key set and wind. Im not well versed in hall marks but i believe the silver hall marks show the case is an import assayed in london in 1928. Isnt that a bit late for a key set movement?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Ivor.

acme6.jpg

acme2.jpg

acme4.jpg

acme1.jpg

acme5.jpg

·
Registered
530 Posts
Most key set mvmts are from the 1800s. Of course it may have been recased. Unless it's the photo or the mvmt is loose the watch doesn't exactly fit the case.

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most key set mvmts are from the 1800s. Of course it may have been recased. Unless it's the photo or the mvmt is loose the watch doesn't exactly fit the case.
I fear its my lack of photographic skills that make it appear not to fit the case.
Im pretty confident that this is the correct case for the watch judging from images i have found on the interweb

E.G
http://www.sellingantiques.co.uk/23...-pocket-watch-h-samuel-acme-lever-circa-1910/

The movement dust cover on mine has no script and is probably not original to this watch.
Every pic ive seen of these watches, the movement has the same number inscribed on the set plate "No 14528". A movement model number perhaps?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts