The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,
Wanted to share with all of you my latest flea market find. It is a Seiko chronometer with a gold-plated case. Watch is complete with its original bracelet, however the plating on the bracelet is fading in many places. The bracelet is full length. The watch is working and most important is that the quickset works. The watch was purchased for $ 200/- only. Is this a good price ? All comments welcome. Any idea what the original crystal no for this watch is and where I can get one. Also, the crown is past service and I would like to get a new original one. Any Idea where one may be available? Watch will need a full service. Can the bracelet be re plated economically?

All comments welcome.

Regards,
JaRe

·
Registered
975 Posts
Sorry, my eyes are watering too badly from the grossly out-of-focus pictures...
Isn't much point posting them like that IMHO.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I think you need to click on each Photobucket link to see the pics clearly. Photobucket's attempt to get you to their site so you can see all the advertising and what not. I used to use Photobucket years ago for my postings when they offered a free service but out of the blue they went subscription and users had to pay an annual or monthly fee to use the service.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I think you need to click on each Photobucket link to see the pics clearly. Photobucket's attempt to get you to their site so you can see all the advertising and what not. I used to use Photobucket years ago for my postings when they offered a free service but out of the blue they went subscription and users had to pay an annual or monthly fee to use the service.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, the pix are just as bad (only bigger) when you click on them. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reg. Flea market find

Can anyone confirm that the picture posted when clicked , open a picture on the the photobucket site that is clear. If not I guess it will be time to move on from Photobucket.
Regards,
JaRe.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Can anyone confirm that the picture posted when clicked , open a picture on the the photobucket site that is clear. If not I guess it will be time to move on from Photobucket.
Regards,
JaRe.
It remains unfocused when I open it up on the Photobucket site.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Here you go. Photobucket is terrible in every way. There are much better options available.

I guess the model number shows 5626 rather than 5625.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Regards,
JaRe.
They may only be clear to you on your account.
PB when Ransomware a couple of years ago. Then they stopped you from moving or copying your own pics. Then they stopped allowing 3rd party linking, Then they put the watermark on reposted pictures, Now they blurr the heck out of them.

I tried a couple of other free hosting sites but was unhappy with the gymnastics they make you do to post.
Google Photos is a good one and it is easy to use.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I literally won't click a photobucket link any more, after having used it for years. That site is cancer. I'll just assume your watch is nice.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Here is a Pic of your Watch Only with a Base metal case.

I have one very close to yours. Great Starlight Dials decent hands Excellent Movements Just Too Tight to wear. My Case is Base Metal The watch keeps excellent Time but just Does not Match up for Wrist Time. The Dial, Hands Movement all are Great also the "Chronometer Medallion" Very Nice Condition. its just the Case, and Bracelet. I never understood the Logic from Seiko to put a Top Shelf Movement. Great Dial. Using a BASE Metal Case??? Makes no sense to me/?? With so many watches to Prioritize work Im Sad this will never get the Work. In time she will need to go to a Person that can get the Most out of her. Russell

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the pictures. Is $200/- a good price for this watch in non serviced condition ? Watch is working though and also the date change mechanism is working. Dial has some aging near the Seiko emblem and the hands show some fading of the black paint on it.
Regards,
JaRe

·
Registered
665 Posts
I never understood the Logic from Seiko to put a Top Shelf Movement. Great Dial. Using a BASE Metal Case??? Makes no sense to me/??

I’m assuming it’s because your watch is gold plated. Before processes like PVD, plating metals like brass was much easier than stainless steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Please check the pictures. I have got a paid photobucket account.
Regards,
JaRe

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any idea where we can get a original crown for this watch. Service is almost done but stuck for a crown.
Regards
JaRe

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
I've just noticed this thread. I've got a similar watch. They are basically a King Seiko, but without the name. Perhaps sold in a market KS were not offered?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts