The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
i"m trying to fit a seiko 7546 (3 o'clock crown) into a 7548 case (4 o'clock..) is it possible?
The day/date seems to be off the window...:undecided:
thanks
Nimi

·
Special Member
27,781 Posts
Just switch the D/D wheels on the movements, Done deal ^^^ :)

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
you just need to get the proper day and date windows...otherwise it is a easy install...God Bless John

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jringo,
What do you mean by "the proper day and date windows"?
Can you be more detailed?
Thanks

·
Special Member
1,887 Posts
I think this may mean that if you use the dial from the 3:00 crown watch in the 4:00 crown case, the whole dial will be rotated as its feet are in the wrong place. If the only thing you're using from the 3:00 watch is the movement, and then the dial is from the 4:00 watch, then the day/date wheels are your only problem.

·
Special Member
1,887 Posts
...to my knowledge, the only diff between these movements is the jewel count, which as time has shown in these movements, doesn't seem to make much of a difference

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
well the day and date wheels are made for different models so you will need to get ones that will work with the stem in the 4pm setting...the original watch the movement came from is a 3pm ...am i correct?...i did not know this myself and had to learn the hard way once i assembled a watch and did not realize this...God Bless John

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Hey i was told the wheels are different with the three and four pm stem positions...was i told wrong?...can u clarify?...God Bless John

Just switch the D/D wheels on the movements, Done deal ^^^ :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The D/D wheels looks the same but maybe the cogwheel that make them move is in different rotation around the pivot axis .The 3pm dial shows the D/D in a small rotation.
So, if, as DAHASCO suggested, I will change the D/D wheels between the movements, the 7546 should work on the 7548 case and dial... I hope..

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
well do you have the wheels from the 7458? or just the wheels from the 7546?...if you have a old 7548 movement for parts...you have all the parts you need to complete it...God Bless John

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
well great please post some pics once you get it together...if you need anything please let me know...we are here to help...God Bless John

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
You will need to take the day and date wheels from the 4pm watch and put the. On the 3PM movement- the dial will make no difference as the window is still at 3pm

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
well great work...we all knew you could do it...just takes a little time to figure it all out...God Bless John

1 - 19 of 19 Posts