The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this extension on the bracelet by the clasp of my fishbone was standard? I've not seen many others with this on.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Haha... no. But it's sometimes the only viable option when your bracelet is too short and you don't have the extra links available.

Edit: I eat humble pie, some JDM models actually came with that extender :(

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Not standard. It's a generic extension that you can fit to any bracelet (of the right width). They're useful if your bracelet is too short and you can't find extra links. They can be had for about $10-$15 off ebay.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
hey just find a Jonathan Swedefreak Fishbone Bracelet and get one that will fit you right......they come up on the trading post once in a while...God Bless John

·
Registered
912 Posts
On yours, I don't think that is standard. However, my understanding is that the JDM Bullheads did come with a 'comfort' expander on the clasp. It was a stretch expander and not the fixed extender that it looks like you have Rob.
Is that a genuine bracelet? If you are not sure lets see a pic of the arrows for pin removal....aftermarket are fat little arrows, genuine ones are fine slender arrows....

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
On yours, I don't think that is standard. However, my understanding is that the JDM Bullheads did come with a 'comfort' expander on the clasp. It was a stretch expander and not the fixed extender that it looks like you have Rob.
Is that a genuine bracelet? If you are not sure lets see a pic of the arrows for pin removal....aftermarket are fat little arrows, genuine ones are fine slender arrows....

Interesting information re the comfort expander Tom. My JDM Speedtimer Bullhead bracelet (not the fishbone, the JDM bracelet) has one fitted. I thought it was added aftermarket because the bracelet was so short, but maybe it's original. None of the links looks to be removable and it fits my 7.5" wrist fine expanded to maximum capacity.

No pics sorry as it's been at the shop since I got it waiting for a service and best efforts to repair its seconds hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Uh, could they have been fitted to other JDM bracelets as well?

I just thrown one away (from a 6139 bracelet) that had a broken spring inside...

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Must check, 8050? Did not look original to the watch.

Edit: just found a picture online with the same bracelet and the same extender... Oooooops.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
hey it happens to us all...

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
FYO the 6139-8050 Speedtimer has a Seiko 5 Sports bracelet with the expanding link. I have one and Tom helped me out with some extra removable links and sent me a couple of spares bracelets both with the expanders

1 - 12 of 12 Posts