The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my first post descended into chaos rather quickly... hopefully this post goes a bit more smoothly...

so... is it vintage if i could have gone into macy's and gotten it when i was a young man?

anyway... i won the auction for New Old Stock A10024-41E... however i have a problem. it is NOS. but no paperwork. i will have no idea how to work it. it has 4 buttons but no crown. confusing. i'm imagining that it's some sort of multi-function hybrid. since it has an alarm i would imagine it's more "modern" than it looks... if anyone has any experience with these and remembers what the 4 buttons do that would be most helpful!

i like it b/c of the unusual roman numerals and how it kind of looks like a watch that a sleazy stereo store manager or someone similar would be wearing back in the 80's... lol. but yeah... the numerals... perpetual calendar and 2nd clock on the watch face were all big selling points to me...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i've discovered that this watch is the blackface version of one of the very rare Citizen Intellectus Et Fortitudo line of watches...

here's one in white...

and here's the back...

and there's another fancier version i found here:

i'm even more excited now than i was before... but i still can't find instructions...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i should have just gone to the citizen website... i found the instructions in their archive!

can't find the watch in any of the 1990's catalogs though and it's definitely a 90's watch...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
came in the mail today. as luck would have it one of the watch retailers in my town opened back up today so i was able to get a new band forthwith... 18L was the magic #. the wider band and longer length make it look a bit more substantial b/c it's a very dainty watch. almost too small for my wrist... about as small as i would want to go in fact... but in a semi-formal/formal scenario it will be perfect... you can see the band it came with on the right was way too small and narrow... now i'm going to get into the manual and figure out how to set that sucker.... yikes.

edit: got the manual out and there's a lot wrong with this watch. to make a long story short.... it doesn't work properly. not sure what i'm going to do at this point. wondering if it's worth the effort to pursue trying to get it repaired... or even worth the effort to try to deal with the seller to come to some sort of resolution since it is for all intents and purposes doa. it tells time... but that's all it does... :-(

·
Registered
3 Posts
I completely understand why you are excited about your purchase! That is a very nice looking Citizen! The new band looks very good with it too! I kind of like the looks of the white-faced version as well! Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy your new purchase!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts