The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've visited lots of YouTube forums, I researched myself to the point where I am so confused and could do with a little help. I love the Seiko divers, the look and how robust and long-lasting they are but there are too many to choose from and I'm not sure which is the best online site I should buy from. I live in Australia and so the price of Watches is quite high compared to Japan Europe and the US so I don't want to spend an extra $400 if I don't need to.

I would really love a bit of advice on which Seiko diver watch would be a great first watch for me and I am happy to pay up to a thousand dollars for the right watch. Also would love any recommendations of online dealers or places or sites that I could go to to get a good watch .

Cheers, Neal

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

I've visited lots of YouTube forums, I researched myself to the point where I am so confused and could do with a little help. I love the Seiko divers, the look and how robust and long-lasting they are but there are too many to choose from and I'm not sure which is the best online site I should buy from. I live in Australia and so the price of Watches is quite high compared to Japan Europe and the US so I don't want to spend an extra $400 if I don't need to.

I would really love a bit of advice on which Seiko diver watch would be a great first watch for me and I am happy to pay up to a thousand dollars for the right watch. Also would love any recommendations of online dealers or places or sites that I could go to to get a good watch .

Cheers, Neal

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Talking about vintage, I'd definitely go for a 6309-704x: great watches still underrated IMHO, a real bang for the buck.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Don't buy a watch because it's a good deal or one that someone recommends or the latest fad that everyone is getting. You may not love it in the end. Try to find one at a Seiko AD and put it on and see how it fits your wrist if possible. Research and take your time and you'll find the piece that moves you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Don't buy a watch because it's a good deal or one that someone recommends or the latest fad that everyone is getting. You may not love it in the end. Try to find one at a Seiko AD and put it on and see how it fits your wrist if possible. Research and take your time and you'll find the piece that moves you. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

^Good Advice^ Kenny.

·
Special Member
4,440 Posts
Talking about vintage, I'd definitely go for a 6309-704x: great watches still underrated IMHO, a real bang for the buck.
Agree, even though good all original specimens run well over cost of most of the reissues. You still can’t go wrong with that. Also the 7548’s are great watches which are still underrated in my opinion.

From what you see out there, which models do you like?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
just my two cents here. As others have suggested, actually trying on a watch before you buy is key. If you can find an AD, drop in and see how they fit on your wrist. Aside from case diameter, I think the lug to lug measurement is also a vital consideration.

Insofar as which one to go for well, the world is your oyster. The vintage 6309's are great but frankly I think you should look at the SRP series which are the modern interpretations of the 6309. They hack & hand wind and provide the additional comfort of reliability and authenticity.

Go nuts!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Lots of variables here: gorilla or squirell wrists? Are you diver? Would you be using it for its intended purpose? overall lifestyle? Office and couch or surfing and rock climbing?
Which watches tickle your fancy? Did you do your research and narrow it down to 10?
You must have some boxes that you need to tick off. Auto or quartz?
Give us more.

Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts