The Watch Site banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Ultimate Collector
3,417 Posts
The Silver dial (Silver Pogue) is the most sought after and hardest to find of all 6139-600x's. They do turn up with Water 70m Resist or plain dial (also known as no text dial). Silver Pogues will always command a higher price than Yellow or the cheaper Blue dial variants. Most on eBay are fakes.
You can pretty much forget finding a genuine Silver Proof dial 6139-6000 as very few are known to exist in captivity. Seiko collectors around the world are looking for them.

Here's a real one from July 1969 - note the notch in the case at the crown and the two-piece chrono hand.
It's the same watch... it depends how you catch it in the light!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Im not sure what you mean by 2 peice

Do all 6139 6000 have the notch by crown or just the silver?

·
Special Member
2,381 Posts
Im not sure what you mean by 2 peice

Do all 6139 6000 have the notch by crown or just the silver?
All - 6000s, regardless of color (non JDM) , should have:

1) 6139a mvmt
2) two piece sweep hand as seen by the silver center piece
3) notched case
4) non tapered straight H bracelet

Those are the general characteristics. There are more details to look at, but the above is a good outline for a rebuttal to your seller for a refund. Good luck!

🦈

·
Administrator
34,134 Posts
If you get any offers (genuine) give me a heads up please ? :) (y)

Wow you guys really know your stuff

Yes bought from ebay shop based in turkey

Can anyone point me to where I find the resources on here to start researching or anyone got the real version of my fake they want to sell for £500 !!

·
Registered
540 Posts
@Bigb1234 I actually started sending pics of watches that I intend to buy to a few friends here and on instagram to have a look prior to purchase and I have been doing this for a decade or two. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea for you to do that as well, as you can see the SCWF Crew can help steer you right!

Good luck in your search.

JR
IG: @my_seiko_obsession

·
Administrator
34,134 Posts
I should imagine most collectors who have had anything to do with the 6139-6xxx's over the years will have a spare case or 6 knocking about due to having bought watches just for a bracelet or with damaged dials and movements etc.

Do a WTB or just keep checking ebay out.

Sorry if for potentially hijacking the thread – ignore this if I'm committing a faux pas. I've missed the boat on 6139s in my budget but love the look. One day maybe I'll try to put one together from aftermarket parts. (Honour will make me debrand the dial if I can). Most parts seem to be available on the 'bay, but I've never seen cases. Anyone know where (and if) they are sold to ordinary buyers?

Reactions: Get KoSei

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks indeed for replying when I'd taken the thread on a tangent. I don't want to make that tangent any longer, so I'd like to say only a last thing. I wouldn't feel great about taking an original part (a case) out of circulation for the ignoble purpose of piecing together an aftermarket confection. But maybe if there were a dog-rough original case to be had which no serious collector would dream of using, I might go that route if a new copy case were impossible to find. Anyway, sorry Bigb1234, the thread is yours 100%.

·
First Lady
2,034 Posts
Thanks indeed for replying when I'd taken the thread on a tangent. I don't want to make that tangent any longer, so I'd like to say only a last thing. I wouldn't feel great about taking an original part (a case) out of circulation for the ignoble purpose of piecing together an aftermarket confection. But maybe if there were a dog-rough original case to be had which no serious collector would dream of using, I might go that route if a new copy case were impossible to find. Anyway, sorry Bigb1234, the thread is yours 100%.
Don’t get crazy. Just because we collectors wouldn’t piece together a Franken 6139, doesn’t mean we mind if you do. Just source a case and have at it. Aftermarket parts, as you say, are plentiful. Good luck. If you want a real blue or gold dial one, there are still bargains to be had, if you take your time…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Craftsman
4,106 Posts
You can find a little info on 6139's here:

·
Registered
359 Posts
You know the old saying if the price is too good to be true…

or in case of eBay,

if the price is really good then someone else would already mash the BIN button.

·
First Lady
2,034 Posts
Wow you guys really know your stuff

Yes bought from ebay shop based in turkey

Can anyone point me to where I find the resources on here to start researching or anyone got the real version of my fake they want to sell for £500 !!
So sorry you got taken for a ride. I’ve been looking for a nice silver dial variant for awhile, and kept coming across those from a seller in Turkey. My first thought was always that they looked too perfect, which made me immediately suspicious. Upon further viewing, it was obvious to me that they were what we call Franken Seikos, put together with aftermarket dials, bezels, chapter rings, etc. I have learned so much from this forum that I’m now fairly confident I can find an all original example, which I just did. Even then, I still had the guys here check out a pic from the listing I provided, before finalizing the deal. If you find another you like, let us see it, before you buy it.

Kat

·
First Lady
2,034 Posts
So sorry you got taken for a ride. I’ve been looking for a nice silver dial variant for awhile, and kept coming across those from a seller in Turkey. My first thought was always that they looked too perfect, which made me immediately suspicious. Upon further viewing, it was obvious to me that they were what we call Franken Seikos, put together with aftermarket dials, bezels, chapter rings, etc. I have learned so much from this forum that I’m now fairly confident I can find an all original example, which I just did. Even then, I still had the guys here check out a pic from the listing I provided, before finalizing the deal. If you find another you like, let us see it, before you buy it.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts