The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Silver dial 6139 6002 from ebay. Claims to be 1971. Says Waterproof on dial but water resistant on case back

What do you experts make of it

Watch Analog watch White Light Silver
Watch Analog watch Silver Clock Watch accessory
Watch Silver Natural material Metal Circle
Watch Analog watch Silver Watch accessory Clock
White Material property Rectangle Font Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Photograph Black Clock

·
Administrator
34,134 Posts
Hi, i'm no expert but I hope you dident pay a great deal for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you elaborate ?

It was about £500

I can send back if I have reasons to but im not sure what im looking for I just think these are cool looking watches

·
Ultimate Collector
3,417 Posts
Hi Jim

What makes it a fake so I can argue it out with the shop that sold me it

Just about everything actually. The dial, the bezel, the caseback (probably the whole case) are all aftermarket. The hands and crown and pushers and bracelet will also be aftermarket.
The movement is probably the only part that is genuine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks alot i will send back today. Gutted as I love this watch Ill have to start the hunt again

How do you know from the pictures they are after market? just so I can look out in the future

·
Administrator
34,134 Posts
I suppose thinking about it, if it was running well and keeping good time and was about £200 it could be worth it as a watch if you dident mind wearing a fake and you just fancied something that looked nice, my son would wear it and love it :)

·
Special Member
2,823 Posts
Well well, everything has been said. I am just adding that it got the wrong daywheel too…

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I definitely want the real thing how do you guys know by looking where do I find this info for future purchases

·
Administrator
34,134 Posts
Best idea to send it back, you have to just do your research and then more research, read old posts because there are some really good ones on the forum by our 6139 experts.

If that was genuine and in that kind of condition then I think a conservative starting price would be £2500 and then up to £5 K or more.

Reactions: SennieG and Phil_G

·
Special Member
914 Posts
You took and presented very nice pics, clear and sharp, one reason you received such fast and clear-cut responses. Good luck with your research and next purchase, this is "the" site to study up on 6139s.. I would wager that there are more faked 6139s than there are faked Tudor Submariners.

·
Special Member
3,465 Posts
Hey Big, there are a lot of threads on this site that will help. You just have to dig through them as there are a lot of subtleties with the gold and silver dial 6139s. But those of us who collect these watches can usually come to a quick conclusion on them. This watch, while pretty, has almost everything wrong with it. These aftermarket PROOF dials are abundant unfortunately. The font and spacing are wrong. But the biggest indicator is that if this was a genuine PROOF dial watch then the price would be about $2500US or more.

There is a current thread by Kat on her silver dial adventure with a genuine watch. Take a look at that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SennieG

·
Ultimate Collector
3,417 Posts
If that was genuine and in that kind of condition then I think a conservative starting price would be £2500 and then up to £5 K or more.
With a genuine Proof Silver dial, I agree. Silver Proof 6139-6000 is the most rare and desirable Seiko 6139.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry if for potentially hijacking the thread – ignore this if I'm committing a faux pas. I've missed the boat on 6139s in my budget but love the look. One day maybe I'll try to put one together from aftermarket parts. (Honour will make me debrand the dial if I can). Most parts seem to be available on the 'bay, but I've never seen cases. Anyone know where (and if) they are sold to ordinary buyers?

·
Special Member
3,425 Posts
Even of you close your eyes to the fake parts, it's just such a hodge podge...
JDM day wheel, bezel from a no text, proof in a resist case, no notch, no two piece. Mess

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
523 Posts
I presume you bought this from a certain seller in Turkey - his/her watches are Frankens and Feikos - stay clear.

As many have said before in this thread, if you do your research on watch specs buying becomes less of a minefield. The forum is a friendly place, with lots of helpful experts, and lots of really good posts that will help - I have found it invaluable.

·
Outlaw
383 Posts
Shame to see this happen. Hopefully you can get your money back. There’s so many resources here that you can look at so you don’t fall for fakes again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow you guys really know your stuff

Yes bought from ebay shop based in turkey

Can anyone point me to where I find the resources on here to start researching or anyone got the real version of my fake they want to sell for £500 !!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts