The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Been lurking for a while but on delivery of my first Seiko diver (I have some other Japanese watches), thought I should say hello.

Bought for about US$50 at auction here in Japan, it's a 7S26-0050. Not pristine but works well, seems original and I'm super happy. It came with the oyster bracelet but I tried this Nato strap (complete with 2mm gap) for that Dr. No look!

So my question: Is this a SKX023? I assume so because SKX025 is the blue/red bezel, but I believe there are also SKX021 and SKX027 models - and maybe others?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
well looks like a good first watch..

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
welcome to the forum..great to have you with us...if we can help..please dont hesistate to ask for help..that is why we are all here..there is no dumb question..we are all new once too...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the kind welcome and comments. So looks like it's SKX023 after all - good to know.

I actually bought it to have a go at the 7S26 DIY project at clockmaker.com.au

@7s26b: That's a great resource. It hadn't come up in my searches.

@jringo8769: The offer of help is much appreciated - I may need it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just went there, and this is a very interesting site with interesting information.

For example, I have an skx013 (7S26-0030) - black dial, insert, mid-size 200M diver. I would not have known there is an skx015 (7S26-0030), mid-size diver with blue dial and pepsi insert. I could use one of these. And an skx017 - a brown(maybe orange, no big pictures) dial mid-size diver.

Thanks a lot. Book marked.

Vincent

1 - 14 of 14 Posts