The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some feedback on this latest purchase. Purchased over the phone from an estate sale. Looks like an early Bellmatic, confirmed 27 jewels, looks like a silver dial, said to be running and working properly, obviously not the original bracelet. Is this a rare/early version? I could not see the caseback. Got it for $83. I'm thinking I got a pretty good deal, any info you all can give me from the terrible picture would be greatly appreciated.
1 (1).jpg

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Congrats. Love the dial and you got a heck of a watch for that price. Bellmatics were top of the food chain for Seiko outside of Grand Seiko back in this era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats. Love the dial and you got a heck of a watch for that price. Bellmatics were top of the food chain for Seiko outside of Grand Seiko back in this era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I probably should have posted this on the Bellmatics forum. Definitely want to find out more about this watch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What is the model # on the back? It's similar to one I bought and cleaned up (pictured here). Let me know what you are trying to find out and I will try to help. Not a rare model, but very cool. Would need to see more of the bracelet to help with that. Great piece, congrats!

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont have pics of the caseback yet. Looks like a 4006-7020 after doing some comparison. 27 jewels so it could be no later than 68' if I'm not mistaken. The bracelet is not the original.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
That's a Beauty Drew at a Fantastic price!

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Father in law picked it up and took a couple pictures. 4006-7020 from 68'. Hopefully the Speidel expandable end links didn't chew up the lugs too much. It made it to the 2nd day of the sale @ 33% off.
20200729_194925.jpg
20200729_195315.jpg

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Really looking forward to owning a bell. I need to find a good bracelet for it now. I was thinking BoR. Uncle Seiko?

·
Poet Laureate
850 Posts
Nice one! The 27 jewel models are the best technically. I just got my first Bell-Matic this week too

·
Administrator
29,748 Posts
In there day the 4006s where more expensive than many of todays more desirable models, one of the best models Seiko ever produced imo, the 27 jewel is always good to have even though six of the jewels are just for show :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great find,my first Vintage/Seiko was a Bell,fell in love with it and have wore it daily since getting it nearly three years ago

I believe yours originally came on a "coffin link" bracelet

Post it in the Bell-Matic section as well,love to see more pictures.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great find,my first Vintage/Seiko was a Bell,fell in love with it and have wore it daily since getting it nearly three years ago

I believe yours originally came on a "coffin link" bracelet

Post it in the Bell-Matic section as well,love to see more pictures.
As soon as I get it in my hands I'll take some decent photos. I really like that coffin style bracelet. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts