The Watch Site banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

fist let me introduce myself. I'm Max from Holland, and a watch-fan on a budget (don't wel all). For years the Citizen NY0040 series has been one my favorites. Distinct design (no Rolex clone), robust, well made and for my wrist, the right size.

I've had other watches (like the NY0054), but somehow always came back to the trusty Citizen diver. this spring I decided to create my own "special". Bought a Lumibrite diver off Ebay, but replaced the chapter ring with a black one. Beadblasted the case and crown, and this is how she came out:

The purple alligator strap below is for a special day I have within a few weeks

Cheers all!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
That looks very good!
I would like to experiment that with my NY0054.

And welcome aboard! ;)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Looks great! thanks for sharing.

Looks trippy on the purple strap. Mind if I ask what special day derserves such a strap?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Good lord almighty!! Those are good lookin' watches!
What movement does that use? Is it a miyota movement? Citizen doesn't make their own movements do they?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
alex said:
Good lord almighty!! Those are good lookin' watches!
What movement does that use? Is it a miyota movement? Citizen doesn't make their own movements do they?

Miyota is Citizen's movement business. In other words, Miyota == Citizen.

All the best,
Myles

·
Registered
199 Posts
No kidding! Those Miyota movements sure get around. Wow both Seiko and Citizen make their movements in-house! There's not many swiss companies that can say that. I do believe that NY0040 is gonna be the next addition to the group.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts