The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to the forum so go easy on me to begin with please:grin:
Finding the ideal steel bracelet for my SKX007 is proving far more difficult than I imagined it would given how many are out there so I wondered if you could help? I also own a Rolex Daytona with an oysterlock bracelet which has a lovely and simple to use 1/2 link extension built in to the clasp. I would love to find something like this for my Seiko as I find it a really useful feature to give a little adjustment to the strap size for when I get hot and my wrist swells a little in warmer weather when compared to colder times. I see you can buy the Seiko monster clasp but I haven't seen how it extends and get the impression its not a subtle and discreet change like the Rolex. Can anyone point me in the right direction without paying Rolex money for my £130 Seiko please? Many thanks, Mike

·
Registered
400 Posts
A bit more $ but worth it is a solid end link super oyster that has 22mm solid end links and which tapers to 18 mm at the clasp. Then source an 18 mm Seiko marinemaster clasp, and your Daytona will start having Seiko envy.

I was looking at Rolex replacement bracelet parts a while back and I think you are still coming in with a pretty cheap option. Buy your next seiko diver on rubber to reduce total cost even more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies folks. The spring adjuster is out as it would only keep it tight I guess. I need something that keeps the bracelet comfortably slightly loose but still looks nice so either buying a marinemaster clasp or fitting a rolex comfort extender like my Daytona has seems the better of the options. Is there a pattern source for the rolex type link?
A bit more $ but worth it is a solid end link super oyster that has 22mm solid end links and which tapers to 18 mm at the clasp. Then source an 18 mm Seiko marinemaster clasp, and your Daytona will start having Seiko envy.

I was looking at Rolex replacement bracelet parts a while back and I think you are still coming in with a pretty cheap option. Buy your next seiko diver on rubber to reduce total cost even more.
My Daytona already has Seiko envy. A short while ago I bought a Seiko Bullhead in Black and cant stop wearing it!
I've bought the diver for work as I need a waterproof watch that's easy to see, so its diver by day and Bullhead by evening, the Daytona now lives in its box except for formal wear :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts