The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hope this is the correct sub-forum. If not please could a mod move it?

I've got a Seiko SND449P1, which has a few scratches on the glass. I've looked about online and Seiko themselves want the cost of buying a new one to replace the glass.

Even just buying the glass from them is £45. I've looked in to polishing out the scratches but the common consensus is that Hardlex is difficult to polish up without expensive equipment?

I'm happy enough to try swapping out the glass myself (a link or two to the right kit on ebay would be appreciated!), my experience so far is adjusting the strap and changing the battery but I reckon i can do it. However I can't find anything on ebay? I assume there's cheaper options than buying from seiko? Is there a part number I need to search for?
Finally, would i need a new gasket too when fitting?

TIA.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
It's a 7T92 and the crystal 330P03HN02 is in stock at CousinsUK for £10.95

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a 7T92 and the crystal 330P03HN02 is in stock at CousinsUK for £10.95
excellent.

So that along with a press I should be able to replace it myself for about £20. Much better than the £125 Seiko are quoting!
+ I then also have the tool for when i need to do my other watches.

Any other pointers or suggestions i might need or is it as simple as the youtube videos make out?

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
The good oil;

Pop it out
Measure it - say 31mm x 1.5mm
Look in Esslinger's website
Buy the glass (it'll cost you under $5 + postage)
Push it back in

= job done:D

You don't need a new glass seal (if you look after the original) and you certainly don't need a new back seal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts