The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, and I do so after a lot of searching. The watch in question was bought by me, new, in 1978. It is all-original except the crystal, which was replaced back in the '80s. It works just fine.

It appears I'm not allowed to post links or photos yet, so I can only describe the pages I've found. One of them was the list of recommended watch/part suppliers on this site.
Contacted a bunch of them. Some links are broken, others don't do used parts, others deal only with the trade, and others say they don't have the part I want. Then I spent an hour on eBay and other sites I found through Google. Then I gave up.

Then I found a thread started here by thanapa on 04-12-2012, 10:06 AM, which has a photo of my exact watch (except for color: mine has a midnight-blue dial). See the last photo in thanapa's first post in that thread.

Just like millions of others, I had a pin break and one of the ends go bye-bye. Finding the exact OE end is proving to be just about impossible.

The other end has "B323" stamped on its underside. Can thanapa or anybody else help?

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
You haven't said what colour the watch is - could be gold, stainless, Ti ?? B323 is the bracelet part number, it looks like it only fits this specific watch.
Try a WTB on the trade forum (with a picture!!)
You need to at least provide a link to Tanapa's thread - just copy the www.the watchsite etc etc at the top of the thread.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being a Junior Member, I am not allowed to post links or images. I even bolded that in my original post.

The watch is stainless steel with a midnight-blue dial.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Being a Junior Member, I am not allowed to post links or images. I even bolded that in my original post.

The watch is stainless steel with a midnight-blue dial.
If you can't post the link, just do a work around - as people do with email addys. You can place a wtb on the trade forum with no restriction.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can place a wtb on the trade forum with no restriction.
Rule #8 (in the sticky) for the Trading forum may prohibit me from posting a WTB there at this point in my membership. I'd rather not chance getting scolded or banned.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Only applies to sellers, you're fine placing a WantToBuy

Rule #8 (in the sticky) for the Trading forum may prohibit me from posting a WTB there at this point in my membership. I'd rather not chance getting scolded or banned.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Rule 8 says you can't have more than five posts at any one time?
I don't see the problem?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only applies to sellers, you're fine placing a WantToBuy
Thanks. I wasn't clear on that. So, I just attempted to post my WTB in the Trading forum. Luckily there's a Preview Post button, so I could see if anything would go contrary to my intent. And of course something did.

What became very clear was that I'm simply not allowed to post images to ANY forum until I have at least 5 posts. After that, I can post links and images, plus I'm then also allowed to PM other members (such as Thanapa).

I'm up to 4 posts now, all of them quite legitimate. All I need is one more and I'm one step closer to returning my beloved Seiko to "complete" condition; I've had this thing since I was 16, and that was 36 years ago. Doesn't that just tug at your heart-strings?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that I can post images, I posted a "WTB" to the trading forum, plus I PM'd Thanapa.

I'm having zero success no matter where I go.

This is the other band end on this watch. This style seems to be either very uncommon, or nobody kept them over the years.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hi, Could these be them? if so you are more than welcome to them for the cost of posting only...............
I don't think those are them. The center slot appears too long in relation to the ends, and there's a small tab on the bottom that mine doesn't have.

Do they have "B323" written on the underside?

Can you post a pic of the bottom surface?

How much would the postage be? If it's cheap enough, I might just buy them anyway. I'm in Canada.

·
Vendor
1,693 Posts
How much would the postage be? If it's cheap enough, I might just buy them anyway. I'm in Canada.[/QUOTE]

They were offered free just the postage, we do try to help, never mind lol.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
How much would the postage be? If it's cheap enough, I might just buy them anyway. I'm in Canada.
They were offered free just the postage, we do try to help, never mind lol.[/QUOTE]
Geez!, gift horses and all that :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They were offered free just the postage, we do try to help, never mind lol.
I apologize for any trouble I may have caused. I'm new here, and the last thing I want to do is cause trouble.

Maybe I misunderstood your offer. I was intending to send you the amount of the postage via Paypal or other method beforehand, so that you would be covered up-front. I have no idea where you live, or what postage costs are where you live.

Or did you intend to simply send the package and I would reimburse you after receipt once I saw what the amount was?

Or we could avoid all this by trying to more-closely determine whether or not these are the correct links before anything is mailed.

I gave you some information about the links, including
1) their precise width of 18.74mm
2) the presence of the stamped characters "B323" on the bottom
3) in addition, I can tell you that the slot in the middle (where the band would attach) is 9.25mm.

If your links match these characteristics, I would be happy to arrange mailing from your place to mine.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
John, not sure if you got my reply via PM as I cannot see the message in my 'sent' folder.

Anyway, the 7546 in my possession is currently in my daily rotation, and one of my favorites.

The full watch case was purchased as a salesman sample, with a rundown gold version transplanted into it, thus I have adequate spares for everything else but the end links.

I would advise you to be on the prowl on ebay, but given they are 19mm stainless steel bands, you might be able to get suitable replacements.

Try item 281391566378 on ebay, they look thin, but might be suitable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
John, not sure if you got my reply via PM as I cannot see the message in my 'sent' folder.
I got both of them. Thank you for your replies.

Anyway, the 7546 in my possession is currently in my daily rotation, and one of my favorites.
I bought my watch 36 years ago, and I'm still not tired of it. It still has everything I want in a watch, and I am unable to find anything new that "hits" me the same way. Plus it's light (78g), compact, and has the day/date in a format that's hard to find these days.

I would advise you to be on the prowl on ebay, but given they are 19mm stainless steel bands, you might be able to get suitable replacements.

Try item 281391566378 on ebay, they look thin, but might be suitable.
Since I already have a usable non-exact replacement, I'm just going to keep looking around (like you did for 15 years!) until I hopefully get lucky.

Thanks again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts