The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching awhile for a Seiko 6105-8110 proof/proof. Of course, I made it difficult as I was hoping to find an all original model in excellent condition.... (cue to chuckle).
I did find this example, however, a very nicely restored version by Jack, which has been relumed, had a sapphire crystal installed, and an aftermarket bezel insert, but, all things considered a beautiful piece which I will enjoy wearing.

Being the OCD type that I am, I'm still keeping my eye out for that mint original........ it's going to be a long time coming.

Let see some of the other members of the proof proof club watches.......
and if you have any additional information to add..... jump in!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very nice. I want Jsck to relume mine but don't know if I could stand not having it for any length of time. Enjoy yours, mine is one of the favorites of my collection.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I passed on one before because it had bad (to me) hands and I still haven't gotten one. oh well, live and learn. I'm not on the hunt as much as I once was; hopefully, one of these years i'll stumble upon one.

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've searched the net, and the scwf forum, but still do not have a definitive answer for how long the proof proof dials were used on the 8110s. I believe June is the first month, but for how many months afterward were proof dials and case backs used? Does anyone know?
Some believe the proof/proof combination could have been used till the end of 1970, does anyone have a proof/proof from the end of 1970? Curious, and if you have information about the 800x and resist/resist..... well, feel free...

(mine is from 6/1970 and the dial marker's finish is matte, and mmounce your killing me)

·
Administrator
30,098 Posts
I've searched the net, and the scwf forum, but still do not have a definitive answer for how long the proof proof dials were used on the 8110s. I believe June is the first month, but for how many months afterward were proof dials and case backs used? Does anyone know?
Some believe the proof/proof combination could have been used till the end of 1970, does anyone have a proof/proof from the end of 1970? Curious, and if you have information about the 800x and resist/resist..... well, feel free...

(mine is from 6/1970 and the dial marker's finish is matte, and mmounce your killing me)
The latest resist i recorded was Nov 70
November 8355 1970 0N8355 6 J 8009 Resist

The earliest i saw was March 69

Obviously the could be earlier or later but that was my findings.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks John. It would seem that the 6105 8110 proof proof is the rarer of the two birds.
Also, as the 8110 proof dial is matte, is the 6105 8009 resist dial shiny like the proof dials on the 6105 800x? Seems to me it could be possible that the dials are replacements unless the case back also is resist on the 8009s.

I know it would be impossible to find out exactly how many were manufactured, but it would be interesting. Too bad Seiko doesn't keep such records.....

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
You can all stop now guys!
I have been making a concerted effort to join the proof-proof club for about 2 years and have so far been unsuccessful !
Enough already!

·
Administrator
30,098 Posts
I only have a few records for the proof/proof
May highest #=2418 (sample case)
June highest #=4687
July highest #=16

From my small selection of numbers nothing can be assumed but it dose look as though June was popular with Seiko.

Be interesting to see what others have in the way of higher ser #'s

1 - 14 of 14 Posts