The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't believe my luck finding two very hard to find Seikos and likewise, some of the most coveted by any collector, a Seiko 6159 7001 300m and a Seiko 6306 7001 Scubapro 450. It cost me an arm and a leg but its well worth it. These are watches that even if you have the money, the problem is finding even one that is currently for sale in the world market.

6159 7001

6306 7001 SCUBAPRO 450

·
Special Member
1,982 Posts
well, that's a pretty good way to start off, eh? lol.... I hope you wear the crap out of those two watches. don't be afraid to put a big gouge into the case when you're out ENJOYING those watches.

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
those are some beautiful watches...great finds...

·
Ultimate Collector
3,254 Posts
Very nice indeed! Two of the most desirable watches for any Seiko collector. And I totally agree what you say - the hard part isn't finding the money to buy them, it's finding someone who has one for sale.

I haven't managed to source a 6159-7001 yet, but here's my SP450:
I am interested to know the serial number of yours?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice indeed! Two of the most desirable watches for any Seiko collector. And I totally agree what you say - the hard part isn't finding the money to buy them, it's finding someone who has one for sale.

I haven't managed to source a 6159-7001 yet, but here's my SP450:
I am interested to know the serial number of yours?

This is a picture of the back case of my SP 450.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does anyone know the story behind the 6306 scubapros? I remember on the old SCWF there was a guy selling one where the hour hand was rubbing a circle on the dial but for a while that is the only one I had ever seen. I assumed it was a seller or organization re-stamping their logo onto the dial for their members or somehting like that.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Congrats.

Those are both top shelf pieces.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That 6159 is amazing! I finally gave up and bought a SBDX012. Figured it was the closest thing I'd find.
The collector who sold me the 6159 has 4 and he was kind enough to sell one to me. However, our deal was he will give a price and either I buy it or not. No haggling was allowed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts