The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My H558 5000 and 5009 are finally done, taken so long, I've even changed mobile contract, hence lack of photos, sorry about that.

One without the strap, 5009, is all original apart from the shroud. Came with battery leakage, needed a seconds hand, and a battery terminal. Seikokid came up trumps with a NOS seconds hand, and NOS crystal from Seikochrono, BIG thank you to you both!!!! Replaced all seals and gaskets, pow, got a nice old watch.

The 5000 some of you may recognise, it was refurbished by a member, and I purchased it. It's been used as a donor persay, dial, crown, movement was transferred to the other Arnie as the case on this one is battered. It also has a H556 battery holder, as this part still alludes me. The shroud is one of armsavers metal creations and recommended. This is now a daily beater. Surprisingly these two watches are the only two my better half likes, strange?

Regards, David

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Thanks Sir John. One of the reason why she likes it maybe. I used to switch it back to rubber so she wouldn't wear it before I had the h558 :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice work David, some projects just seem to come together while others go on and on with no light at the end of the tunnel but............:)
I'm very glad I've got to this point with them, never thought I'd get hold of a seconds hand. Thank you for your kind comments.
There is a certain 7C43 case that will be having a movement put in it this evening :).
Regards, David

·
Registered
385 Posts
My ex also liked my H558, and she never liked any seikos.
Maybe because it is pretty flat ?

Anyway enjoy !! One of the best seikos in my opinion :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Sweet job! Not really my style of watches but like his mindless whohar films :D but that looks spot on to my untrained eyes geezer. Superb.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for the comments, very appreciated. Been wearing the beater since the post, and tell you what, it's the most uncomfortable watch I've ever worn, still got the eye sight to read the digi part though. Can't time the digi to the analogue for love nor money either. Think I'll put her away, and get the 6309 diver out, it just sits on my wrist perfect.
Regards, David

1 - 13 of 13 Posts