The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this morning I woke up here in Europe and saw the 6159-7001 that was on eBay with a BIN price of roughly $4500. I stared at it for about 20 minutes and drove to work. I stared at it on and off at work until about 2pm when my fellow Americans decided to wake up and someone pulled the trigger.

Here was my thinking: I've been a little footloose and fancy free with my watch budget for awhile now and decided to hold up on this one. (Why suddenly now!?!?) Also, the seller mentioned that the hands may have been relumed. This normally bothers me, but the piece looked great. Anyhow, I thought in the back of my head that it might one day irk me.

I suppose there will be another one day...I hope this one went to a nice home.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And now I feel worse as it was on the for sale forum! I didn't check it for a few days...argh.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Contact Mike, I'm sure one will pass thru his hands sooner or later...it's nice to have a potential buyer lined up.

Rob

·
Registered
100 Posts
You still have $4500 in your pocket though :)
That's kinda how I felt when I came back from Japan after walking through the aisles of wonder at Yodobashi Camera and not buying anything with a Spring Drive... There's always next time! ;)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
if there's one thing I've learned since the advent of ebay in '96, it's that there is ALWAYS another one. things that were considered rare, were all of a sudden somewhat commonplace. patience is free!

although I did pass on a proof 6105 and I still haven't gotten one. LOL. one of these years I guess.

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
well that is great advice The Sharkman....there always another one around the corner...this should never be something that bothers us...i never used to have much patience till i got very ill...God Bless John...everything happens for a reason...Thank God for that too

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, it's great advice and you are correct that there will always be another...I feel better now. :)

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
hey we all have been there second guessing ourselves..believe me...but never let anything like this get in the way...God Bless John

·
Registered
157 Posts
For that kind of money id be getting a Rolex No Date Sub or an Omega Planet Ocean...maybe a Speedmaster Pro Cal 321...

For about half that price you could get a sweet 6159-7010...same cool movement but even cooler case:) I love mine...its big but it doesn't wear that big surprisingly.

But like its been said...there will be more....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts