The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jake B gave me this watch a few years ago. It was in need of some TLC which I never got around to; mostly because I don't know of any good watchmakers around my area...

I have since diagnosed the problem with the watch; a loose cannon pinion; and will soon under take the challenge of repairing it myself. Will do a complete pictorial of the repair. I don't know what the movement looks like as I haven't had it out of it's sub case yet. Should be fun to see what this machine looks like ;D

The watch is in excellent cosmetic condition and has a 36,000bph movement. These hi beat engines sound like an Uzi on full burst mode; just awesome to listen to 8)
Jake also sent me extra links for the bracelet which I will have to install since it is too tight for even my smaller wrist.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nice looking watch, pete. Looks to be in good condition.

I guess that symbol (hourglass?) at the 9 is a Favre-Leuba's identifier?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Nice Sea Raider Pete!
I like the Favre-Leubas,
Double barrel movements, mechanical devices as depth meter / barometer or like in your example a high beat movement.

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Loose cannon pinion....that means you get to use your home-made tool, right? The pliers with the little notch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts