The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply, I have an SKX and a new Bonetto rubber strap. Far spring bars don't fit the strap and regular spring bars are loose in the SKX case.

Sorry if this has been covered repeatedly (I didn't find it with a search) what do I do?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Buy spring bars with 1.1mm tip but thinner diameter - so not Seiko fat bars. eBay seller twente(o) carries a great range of spring bars.

Or...

Use a little gasket grease (or some other lubricant) on the fat spring bars and they will go in most rubber straps with a bit of determination and a stretch.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Some Spring Bars have slip over sleeves on them. I have a
watch with the Bonetto strap, well second one now and I
slipped the sleeve on it and its doing fine now, try it.
Aloha.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice, going to look for some different bars, I don't want to force the fat one and then not be able to get them back out.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Buy spring bars with 1.1mm tip but thinner diameter - so not Seiko fat bars. eBay seller twente(o) carries a great range of spring bars.
Thanks, I will probably check this out. Man, that would open up doors for so many other straps for seiko divers ... :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
It does... but also check out a 22mm shoulderless bar for a fixed spring bar look and indeed strength if you use mainly/only NATOs...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Shoulderless springbars are best for natos but shoulder are mandatory for other straps as it is easier to remove them

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had the same issue when I bought the BC, I liked the strap but I realized that Seiko fat springbars would not fit easily, I applied some silicon grease and went smooth in but as you can see in the first photo then there was this terrible gap!

so I applied some force with my fingers and tried to pull the rubber outwards, looks much better now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts