The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Special Member
7,276 Posts
Thank you Gerald. If anyone would know, it would be yourself !

Public services like this are wonderful. Thanks for taking the time to get the word out.

·
Special Member
1,818 Posts
Thanks for the information Gerald, it is excellent to bring this to peoples attention.

If there are just a couple of sellers on YJ who are mainly pushing these out I see no issues in naming and shaming them.

While they may also have some other nice watches I think it would be good for people to be a little cautious about any watches they may be selling.

·
Special Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information Gerald, it is excellent to bring this to peoples attention.

If there are just a couple of sellers on YJ who are mainly pushing these out I see no issues in naming and shaming them.

While they may also have some other nice watches I think it would be good for people to be a little cautious about any watches they may be selling.
Hi Anthony -

tiger_dragon_5955
trading_co_jp

Kind regards,

Gerald.

·
Special Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any pictures would be appreciated.

I really like the old GS, but I wouldn't want to be scammed.
Here you go, plenty of damning evidence on display -

http://www.aucfree.com/search?c=2084053754&from=2015-06&o=p2&seller=trading_co_jp&to=2017-06

and

http://www.aucfree.com/search?c=2084053754&from=2015-06&o=p2&seller=trading_co_jp&to=2017-06

If you're browsing Yahoo Japan for the first time and just see a couple of listings, it's easy to be pulled in.

But when you look at the results of past auctions as in the two links (just the Grand Seiko category, over the last two years, sorted in descending closing price order, and filtered by each of the sellers), it's very clear what is going on!

Kind regards,

Gerald.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Very expensive those black/blue GSs, unbelievable but an original GS would be much cheaper. There are many red flags on those listings, but who care, let through away BIG bucks :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
How about vintage King Seiko?
Do you happen to have an equivalent list for King Seiko?
I have a 5246 KS Chronometer with a fake dial...

·
Special Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How about vintage King Seiko?
Do you happen to have an equivalent list for King Seiko?
I have a 5246 KS Chronometer with a fake dial...
Hi -

I've no idea, sorry. My focus is purely on the vintage Grand Seiko pieces.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been looking to GS 5722 for years now, almost every week. This seller [tiger_dragon_5955], has made million with fake dial and people seem to love those black dial so much. I am not interested in the black dial with white marking... honestly they does not look good but that's my opinion. With this seller, the GS57 (43999) with the original dial also seems fake... I have not proof but it just looks not like it should, it looks re-print as well.
I must say they become expert in faking it... they must work hard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts