The Watch Site banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
I wrote to "doctorseiko" yesterday about this item:
He states that the bracelet is not original, but doesn't mention that the dial is a silly aftermarket one.

I wrote:
"It would only be fair for you to say that the dial is also not original, not just the bracelet.
On the dial it says "JAFAN", not "JAPAN", clearly aftermarket."
He even answered :
"Yes! Thanks"

But he's letting the auction continue without any changes.
This guy has sold a lot of "rare" Seikos of late, probably most of them to the uninformed.
A real rip-off artist.
But I have to say...buyers should be looking more carefully at this stuff.
Anyone who doesn't see "JAFAN" on the dial before buying is equally at fault (besides being just plain stupid!).

·
Administrator
29,748 Posts
Thats funny :)

Anyone who doesn't see "JAFAN" on the dial before buying is equally at fault (besides being just plain stupid!).

·
Special Member
2,689 Posts
... and we all know that doctorseiko also has sold fake Sunrises and he also sells Seiko 5 Boxes. I just noticed that I have bought from the seller in Japan who is offering the Fake Sunrise. Seller was very honest in his description, excellent service, and watch arrived very quickly and exactly as described.

I wonder if the Japan Seller unknowingly bought the Fake Sunrise believing it to be Real and Authentic? Perhaps he bought it from doctorseiko and he does not even know it is a Fake.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting, I wonder if he has a connection to someone in Japan since some models he sells seem to be JDM. It just doesn’t make sense why someone in Japan would buy one from Italy,

That being said, some of his watches also claimed to be all original.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just curious. Is anyone reporting the listings to eBay? If enough of you flag his listings eBay will take notice and do something about it (supposedly)

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
He states that the bracelet is not original, but doesn't mention that the dial is a silly aftermarket one.

I wrote:
"It would only be fair for you to say that the dial is also not original, not just the bracelet.
He even answered :
"Yes! Thanks"

But he's letting the auction continue without any changes.
This guy has sold a lot of "rare" Seikos of late, probably most of them to the uninformed.
A real rip-off artist.
But I have to say...buyers should be looking more carefully at this stuff.
If the dial had JAPFAN printed it would've been more appropriate ;-)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just curious. Is anyone reporting the listings to eBay? If enough of you flag his listings eBay will take notice and do something about it (supposedly)
I think the issue is that many of the descriptions aren't actually incorrect. The 'best' scammers on the bay know how to write a description that is very miseading but at the same time contains no falsehoods. I'm not sure eBay will get involved in cases unless the description contains actual lies.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Believe me, Ebay can't be bothered, so save your effort.
We all have war stories but a month ago I bought a counterfeit Presage off a guy on ebay, he denied knowing he bought it on Wish.com, I told ebay and got fully refunded (I am allowed to keep it but I let him have it back as long as he paid to return). Now he has FIVE of these on ebay at the same time, I keep reporting as Fraudulent/Counterfeit including my case ID# and he just gets free license to soak the next unsuspecting bloke.

ebay cares about NOTHING but adding up vigorish.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
We all have war stories but a month ago I bought a counterfeit Presage off a guy on ebay, he denied knowing he bought it on Wish.com, I told ebay and got fully refunded (I am allowed to keep it but I let him have it back as long as he paid to return). Now he has FIVE of these on ebay at the same time, I keep reporting as Fraudulent/Counterfeit including my case ID# and he just gets free license to soak the next unsuspecting bloke.

ebay cares about NOTHING but adding up vigorish.
I have no idea what ‘vigorish’ means but I completely agree. To be absolutely honest though, the company is pulling in billions. What would they give the slightest bit of **** about any of us little people?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
eBay is the Wild West and policing depends on whether the sherif is in town or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
2,689 Posts
... at each step along the way the scammers have tried to add a little more believability to their Fake offerings. Aged Dials with Aged Lume and now Added Vintage Seiko Boxes. Perhaps the next scammer will add a reproduction JDM SpeedTimer Bracelet - with no close up photos of the markings to the underside of the End links and maybe scuff up the clasp a bit to give the bracelet that proper aged look...

... and then offer up the next Fake Sunrise for say $6,000...

...it's all just more vigorish for Ebay (I also have absolutely no clue what vigorish means)...

I just learned what FOMO means from CombatID... I am so far removed from the slang loop... Thanks for keeping me updated with the latest hip and cool words....

... can Vigorish and FOMO be used in the same sentence?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Well I have some Vigorish FOMO so I must have this Sunrise which may, or may not, be real. It’s only $6,500 via bank transfers, no returns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 37 of 37 Posts