The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a cheap 6309-7290 off eBay having bought a second I realised the first might be a fake.

Serial number is 540370 but I have seen an identical watch on eBay with the same serial no...

The case is very square sided unlike my other Seikos, the crown is also not telescopic like my other 6309 (it's the similar to my 7002 and skx007) The dial is 6309-113xr2 Divers 300m, which also does not ring true now I have done my home work. The lume on the hands and dial are different shades.

On the positive the movement looks identical to my other 6309, now clean, stripped and regulated holds good time (+\-10 sec/day) and the jeweller that did the work did not question the movements originality.

Is this a real Seiko or a feiko? Either way I will enjoy it as an everyday time piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
I bought a cheap 6309-7290 off eBay having bought a second I realised the first might be a fake.

Serial number is 540370 but I have seen an identical watch on eBay with the same serial no...

The case is very square sided unlike my other Seikos, the crown is also not telescopic like my other 6309 (it's the similar to my 7002 and skx007) The dial is 6309-113xr2 Divers 300m, which also does not ring true now I have done my home work. The lume on the hands and dial are different shades.

On the positive the movement looks identical to my other 6309, now clean, stripped and regulated holds good time (+\-10 sec/day) and the jeweller that did the work did not question the movements originality.

Is this a real Seiko or a feiko? Either way I will enjoy it as an everyday time piece.
Well, that's certainly no 6309-7290. The movement might be genuine, but the combination is not :) I don't recognize the dial design, can't imagine that's a real Seiko one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its a mine field out there

Well fella I my self have had a time of things, I was after a 7002-7000 A1, and I ended up with a franken Mod, on a plus side I didnt pay not a great deal for it, now that its been properly appraised its found to be internally correct however the dials, bezel and hands are replacements, also its near impossible to find one that's not been got at and even Seiko use after market repo dials and hands as they no longer make the originals. use your purchase as a learning curve as I have done with mine, I read that you purchased it off e-bay, contact the seller and make them aware, see if they offer to take it back? all the best fella and good hunting, "H"

·
Registered
30 Posts
boy this is a great place to get info from thanks guys
I never though people would fake (in expensive watches)
I thought that was reserved for Rolex and such

·
Registered
63 Posts
So easy to fake. The prices are low, supplies high, and lots of drooling fans. Entire villages exist on Frankenstein Japanese watches.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
If you think this is bad, try finding an untouched speedmaster, must be one of the most Franken type watches out there!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts