The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both the attached are up for sale in the Philippines, can't make my mind up concerning the authenticity, plenty of info on US or European models to assist in checking, less so on the JDM equivalent. Looks like a minefield and don't want to be caught out. Any pointers would be helpful. Usual stuff about how rare this and 100% original in the advert. The -6000 is an April 69 dated serial No.

Phil Yeadon

Attachments

·
Special Member
2,688 Posts
Can't see a notch on the 6030, otherwise at a quick glance both look legit.
I haven't seen a yellow speedtimer for sale for a while, even on YJ.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
3,235 Posts
Better pics would be helpful but from the wear on the subdial ring (halo) the 6000 looks legit. Tachy ring also looks right to my eye. Nice Watch!

·
Special Member
7,076 Posts
Thanks all for your input, all photos were cropped, back of the Pogue shown below
Well for an April 1969 case back the dial as shown is a "T" dial and that would be an early start to "T" dials but still quite possible. Gold "T" dials shipped for sure in May 1969.

I think it's the original case back to the dial but now only 90%+ sure the case back wasn't swapped.

I mean everything is original so being April 1969 with a "T" dial might just show the date they kicked in, probably that's the case. If the case back was swapped so what anyway ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts