The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a watch in Japan with the buyee service. The seller said it was fully working. It wasnt described as junk, long storage item or "as is", it was rank A fully working. I also choose the standard plan with insured delivery and inspection.

However when the watch arrived i noticed it is not working well at all, there are several things wrong. The quickset for the day and date is not working (56xx movement 馃檭 ). But that wasnt the only thing, the second hand goes round but the minute hand and hour hand dont move. So its not fully working at all.

I have contacted the buyee customer service but they are not helpful at all. They keep saying they didnt inspect it so they cant do anything for me. But didnt i pay for the inspection? They refuse to take any responsibility rather they say its my fault and i should have choose the "standard" plan instead of the "inspection plan" (i chose the standard plan but i asked about the inspection if they checked the watch if it was working)

Does anyone have any experiences with the customer service? They really started to p*** me off saying its my own fault etc etc. Whats the best way to go from here? I could try a paypal claim but im not sure if that will get me banned from using the service ever again.

Registered
I've been using buyee for a few years and I've bought a lot of watches via that service but I accept the fact that I might receive a watch that doesn't really match the description and as you've probably noticed, many auctions have horrible product pictures. I've only had one issue where the translation didn't quite come out right - eg. it said "receive a pair or bands" but I only got one band. It wasn't a super expensive purchase so I let it slide. Luckily I've never received a watch that didn't work. Did buyee at least contact the seller about this matter? Clearly it really doesn't match the description - I mean a A rank means "mint" to me.

Registered
Usually the sellers in Japan are fair and accept returns if item is not as described. You should insist that at least your proxy contacts the seller and ask for a refund. Don't ask for a direct refund from buyee.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Did buyee at least contact the seller about this matter? Clearly it really doesn't match the description - I mean a A rank means "mint" to me.
The watch wasnt in mint condition which i am fine with. I could see that on the pictures. But the rank A was regarding the functionality.

Usually the sellers in Japan are fair and accept returns if item is not as described. You should insist that at least your proxy contacts the seller and ask for a refund. Don't ask for a direct refund from buyee
I have no clue if they contacted the seller about it. Thats a good sugestion. I will ask them. However it has been quite a while since i won the auction so im not sure how helpful the seller will be with a complaint after 1.5 months.

Registered
I had one issue where the seller sent the wrong watch. It was similar enough looking that I didn't notice it in the inspection photo. Titanium 7C43 vs titanium 7N43. Similar movement name, vast difference in actuality. I don't know if the seller tried to slip one by knowing that it was going to an agent hence overseas.

Buyee contacted the seller and helped sort it out eventually. It did cost me about $40 to ship the 7N43 back. The difference in values was more than that so I returned it. My ok deal on a 7C43 turned out to be not such a deal. Buyee did help.

I generally consider anything from overseas as a one way deal, you get what you get. In this case, it was not acceptable so I pursued a correction. I have many working "junk" watches from Japan, a few "junk" watches that really were junk. I am way ahead on the score.

Registered
I have bought a watch in Japan with the buyee service. The seller said it was fully working. It wasnt described as junk, long storage item or "as is", it was rank A fully working. I also choose the standard plan with insured delivery and inspection.

However when the watch arrived i noticed it is not working well at all, there are several things wrong. The quickset for the day and date is not working (56xx movement 馃檭 ). But that wasnt the only thing, the second hand goes round but the minute hand and hour hand dont move. So its not fully working at all.

I have contacted the buyee customer service but they are not helpful at all. They keep saying they didnt inspect it so they cant do anything for me. But didnt i pay for the inspection? They refuse to take any responsibility rather they say its my fault and i should have choose the "standard" plan instead of the "inspection plan" (i chose the standard plan but i asked about the inspection if they checked the watch if it was working)

Does anyone have any experiences with the customer service? They really started to p*** me off saying its my own fault etc etc. Whats the best way to go from here? I could try a paypal claim but im not sure if that will get me banned from using the service ever again.
I've bought several watches and other stuff from 'Buyee' and have yet to have a problem. That said, if a watch I bought was defective (and was not listed as such in the description), I would most definitely expect 'Buyee' customer service to refund my money and return the watch to the seller for a refund. If 'Buyee' would not co-operate, then I would do as you suggest and file a claim with PayPal. Why would you (or anyone else) want to use a 'service' that provides no service when it's needed?

File the PayPal claim and kiss 'Buyee' goodbye. There's lots of other buying services out there to choose from.

Registered
I've had to accept that with Buyee you have little or no protection.
I won a auction and when I got the Buyee inspection photo it was clear that it was a refinished dial (Buyee inspection photos were rubbish, but just good enough to confirm this). When I contacted Buyee and asked them to return the watch to the seller they said "the listing said no returns, therefore no returns are possible).
It's still sitting in their warehouse waiting for non-DHL posting to be offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts