The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those with "money to burn", perhaps?

(internet text and picture)

"The most expensive watch in the world, the A. Lange Sohne Grand Complication. This immensly complicated (876 hand wrought parts, 7 complications and 14 functions) and precise watch can only be made by one man in the whole world, and it takes him a whole year just to make one! It can be yours with patience and $2.5 million dollars."

Attachments

·
Registered
29,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so what happens when this man passes away, who will be able to service the watch?
That indeed is the $2.5 million question. :WTF:

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's not the worlds most expensive watch. Some outfit connected to De Beers came out with a diamond encrusted piece with colored diamonds and I think it's around 7 million or so. It's a one of a kind item.

·
Registered
29,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not the worlds most expensive watch. Some outfit connected to De Beers came out with a diamond encrusted piece with colored diamonds and I think it's around 7 million or so. It's a one of a kind item.

It might be interesting to know how much of the 7 mil is the value of the diamonds and how much is the value of the horology involved. (There's probably also a "collectors' value" imbedded somewhere in there too.)

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you buy a $2.5 million dollars watch,what kind of car do you drive ? Where do you live ? Insane even if I had the money I would never buy that watch.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It might be interesting to know how much of the 7 mil is the value of the diamonds and how much is the value of the horology involved. (There's probably also a "collectors' value" imbedded somewhere in there too.)
Actually it's a jewelry watch with a standard Swiss quartz mvmt.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'd ave one! It would be my daily driver, that way my Seiko's would last longer as I'd only wear them for special events:hee20hee20hee:
Just thinking laterally;)

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'd say the value of horology is whatever a decorated ETA 2824 is worth. The rest is on diamonds.
so what happens when this man passes away, who will be able to service the watch?
I think you could still get it serviced. After all, how many mechanics are capable of actually making a car?

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you buy a $2.5 million dollars watch,what kind of car do you drive ? Where do you live ? Insane even if I had the money I would never buy that watch.
For example Bugatti Veyron Super Sports - circa $2,5 mill, and few more (Aston Martin One-77, Lamborgini Reventon,etc.), he can live in a $100 mill dolars palace, built on his own island. Or, he can also not have a car :)

·
Registered
29,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
326 Posts
watch company's regular watches

What price range are their regular watches for this brand ? There are surprisingly a lot of people that could afford to buy this watch, even Justin Bieber for one, lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts