The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The donor watch for the bezel swap was the SKZ327 so I was left with a bracelet (now on the "other" watch) and a Z22 - which I've never been crazy about. I've got some new NATOs coming in but in the meantime I picked up this silicone strap for under $20 and I'm liking the combo. It really "pops" if you know what I mean.

The drill holes are pretty far away from the case, and the case is thick so you can end up with a lot of gaps, but the rather large ends of this strap mitigate it somewhat.

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice.

I ended up with a black one of those.

I never have gotten around to the blue Sumo or a Spork like I had planned.
I had the orange SUMO briefly. I've pretty much come to the conclusion I grow tired of colored dials pretty quickly. I always forget this and every once in a while I start looking for colored dials again.

Prior to the SUMO I had a MM300 and, while there were some similarities in terms of quality, I was never thrilled with the SUMO. (But as I start looking at colored-dialed watches again I wouldn't rule out a blue SUMO.)

My SPORK, on the other hand, is one I never think I will sell. It's a brute with no pretensions to some of the finer, prettier aspects seen in the SUMO and MM, but I love it.

Just for disclosure purposes, I prefer my SBBN007 TUNA to my (sold) MM300, so consider my opinions accordingly!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yep,
I am bummed I missed out on the Sporks. They nailed it. I used to be more against date only watches, I preferred day and date.

But at 45 came a need for reading glasses, and the day/date are not the deal breaker they used to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts