The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

There is an auction running currently on El Bayo / El Flay / ePrey for a 6106-7109. It's out of the Phillipines. It ends in five hours or so. I just found a thread about this watch on WUS that uses the same pictures as the current auction. The thread was started in May by a newbie collector who said he was having issues with the watch (loose movement, bezel not turning smoothly) but that he was looking for info about how to fix it, and was waiting for tools to arrive that he'd bought to work on the watch!!

http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=2962864

I'm not going to link to the live auction but since the pictures are identical, you'll know it if you see it. This is a watch that a newbie WIS bought, worked on himself, and returned to the seller - there is another WUS thread a few days later for "WTS - WTT" with a notation to delete the post as the problem had been settled with the seller. Seller reworked the watch, and reposted it online with the same photographs as the first auction. Stand clear, unless you like living dangerously.

:))

I wanted to make sure everyone knew what I knew. I was going to try for a lowball eSnipe, but I'm not going anywhere near it now.

·
Registered
994 Posts
When I saw that watch the most obvious thing was the gap between the dial and the rotating ring at the 9:00 marker. I avoid most (not all) sellers from the Phillipines.

Derek

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I am bidding on it just to get the case and the bracelet....

Fixing the loose movement is 1 minutes work. I was just wondering about the color. I only have it in bright orange...:

·
Registered
29,123 Posts
robbie409 said:

Fixing the loose movement is 1 minutes work. I was just wondering about the color. I only have it in bright orange...:

[/quote]

That watch looks awfully familiar :57: Are these different years, The hands are different.

[img]

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
robbie409 said:

[/quote]

Nice bracelet. Saw one with a different watch head yesterday but not sure if it's original with it, looks like a fit though and a little tight on my 6.75 wrist ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts