The Watch Site banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've had watches all ready to re-sell, cleaned, new crystal, serviced, Artifex wheel grouffed out, polished. Take the pictures, then see that the inner data ring is out of alignment with the dial face by about .5 degrees, and, back apart it comes.

Aloha from #50

·
Registered
248 Posts
I’m not sure if this one has been posted before. But let me say I’m first to this one, nobody buy it before me. Looks unpolished. Real investment piece.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
watchnostop (Ebay seller also from Italy) is selling really bad, blatant fakes that don't even attempt to look authentic. Yuk! :poop:

·
Ultimate Collector
3,161 Posts
We need to add sand290-9 to the vile pile. (he's another "not an expert")
He has this nasty fake piece of junk with engraved caseback... so far 22 bids to £440 with 2 days left to go.
Who's buying this crap?

Actually I think what we really need is a coherent list of ebay fakers for easy reference.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Who's buying this crap?
The answer is obvious, crap collectors. Everyone has to collect something. Just finished repair on a 1998 Omega Speedmaster X33. Now THERE'S a piece of crap.

·
Special Member
7,076 Posts
this thread obviously has a lot of value but on the converse has no end and the scammers switch names a lot but keep 'em coming it helps protect the newer collectors and all of us when there are new purveyors of excrement.

·
Ultimate Collector
3,161 Posts
We need to add sand290-9 to the vile pile. (he's another "not an expert")
He has this nasty fake piece of junk with engraved caseback... so far 22 bids to £440 with 2 days left to go.
Who's buying this crap?

Actually I think what we really need is a coherent list of ebay fakers for easy reference.
So, it closed at £765 (about $1,000)!
‘Nuff said!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Ebay: eject55 in Prague and jonaren-15 in France are regularly into shill bidding.
Unfortunately, Ebay is not stopping them despite being informed multiple times.(n)

·
Registered
175 Posts
So, it closed at £765 (about $1,000)!
‘Nuff said!
On the Pogue watch you have referenced, what exactly would be the giveaway that there is something seriously bogus about it? Just wondering, I mostly restore Citizen watches, but can't see the obvious crap on this one. Aloha

·
Ultimate Collector
3,161 Posts
On the Pogue watch you have referenced, what exactly would be the giveaway that there is something seriously bogus about it? Just wondering, I mostly restore Citizen watches, but can't see the obvious crap on this one. Aloha
i wouldn’t know where to begin.. the whole thing is fake. There isn’t anything right about the dial. The bezel insert and the hands are all aftermarket. The case and caseback are repro’s. Seiko casebacks were stamped, never engraved like this one. I enjoy learning and research as much or even more than actually collecting. Study everything closely!

·
Registered
175 Posts
i wouldn’t know where to begin.. the whole thing is fake. There isn’t anything right about the dial. The bezel insert and the hands are all aftermarket. The case and caseback are repro’s. Seiko casebacks were stamped, never engraved like this one. I enjoy learning and research as much or even more than actually collecting. Study everything closely!
Mahalo for the reply. There's another of these for sale on the Bay, looks almost identical, but I can see what you mean about the dial. Just amazes me that anyone would go to such lengths to manufacture a bogus watch.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
well sadly is it due to us buying most of the watches of any substance and now all the leftovers are being deemed high value so they make up these sad examples and people who do not know watches well buy this stuff at crazy prices
it used to be such a small market and we all kinda knew where it was from and now seems like with all the better looking fake parts sellers are desperate with the way things are to put money in their pocket
we should not be shocked as this will continue this way
i am still shocked at how much of this stuff is bought
and how much good parts are still floating around out there
just think Seiko and Citizens parts must have been everywhere when this stuff first came out
i am thankful parts are still around if you are patient and if your friends on here and other forums are kind enough to share them with you
stay safe out there my friends
God Bless,John

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
Here's one that's new to me - initially I was wondering if they're delusional or are genuinely playing a fast one. Item 143867739257...

Fake dial, bezel, bracelet, chrono hand, probably chapter ring... I'm dubious about the case back and am I the only one who thinks the case notch was a DIY job?

Must be an investment grade job to be worth £2.1k.
Ah! Item 133592514150 - same watch, different price... like several others he's selling...

Step forward, smile2japan5

·
Ultimate Collector
3,161 Posts
I was looking at the same watch on the Japanese auctions.. Here it is with a Buy It Now price about £1,300:

FROM JAPAN

Some people see a watch on YJ and put it on ebay at a much higher price hoping for a quick sale.... then they buy it from the Japanese seller and trouser the difference.

·
Ultimate Collector
3,161 Posts
Here's our old friend fara-uk, this time hawking a fake 6139-6005. This is the first time I've seen a fake of this model and I see the fakers have tried hard to get it right.
I can see some errors, but it is worrying how close they are getting. Only the movement is genuine Seiko.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Here's our old friend fara-uk, this time hawking a fake 6139-6005. This is the first time I've seen a fake of this model and I see the fakers have tried hard to get it right.
I can see some errors, but it is worrying how close they are getting. Only the movement is genuine Seiko.

At least he says that the parts are AM. That’s an improvement over pretending all is original. What is not true is "THIS WATCH IS A RARE COLLECTABLE THAT IS READY TO WEAR." :rolleyes:
I do feel for the beginners who really must have a tough time knowing what's what. The price is too steep for being a replica...and the seller does have 668 (only positive) feedback, after all! 😠

81 - 100 of 124 Posts