The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I have been seeking a very simple man's watch with annual or perpetual calendar, and displaying day and date and preferably month using wheels behind apertures, not hands.

I want it to be really easy to read. I don't need anything posh or expensive, indeed would prefer to spend < £150/$245.

If Timex would simply make the calendar on their incredibly cheap and chearful easy reader watch annual or perpetual, that would suit me; but they haven't. Similarly, though more expensive, I like Mondaine watches for their simplicity and ease of reading but their calendars don't seem to annual or perpetual (is that right?).

Any advice/links from all you watch experts would be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance

David

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the SCWF!
I don't think it will be easy finding a watch that shows all 3 functions using wheels.
The Seiko Premiere of course does all that, but only the date runs on wheels.

If you don't mind digital, Casio has many G-Shocks that show all these functions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. Just to be clear, I don't need the Month so much, would be happy with day and date. The attached pic of a Seiko solar shows JUST the face I want: simple, day, date, easy to read. But it's got neither annual nor perpetual calendar, and I tend to find I lose track of the date after a few months, never quite sure if I've re-set it or not!

Any ideas as to whether that sort of face is done by Seiko or Citizen or somebody else with perpetual or annual calendar?

Thanks

d

Hello and Welcome to the SCWF!
I don't think it will be easy finding a watch that shows all 3 functions using wheels.
The Seiko Premiere of course does all that, but only the date runs on wheels.

If you don't mind digital, Casio has many G-Shocks that show all these functions.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
If you don't need month, then try to find one of the (discontinued) 8F33 models from Seiko. Most have magnifiers on the crystal for the day and date, making it an even easier read.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts