The Watch Site banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
The hash marks on this one look almost like a later addition, trick of the light ?

Slight detour....based on John's (Member Vette Enthusiast) Excellent Observation on the Outer Ring hash marks going into the Subdial. If you look at this example the hash marks look like they are going inside the Subdial Ring but don't reach into the Subdial :)

·
Special Member
2,781 Posts
The hash marks on this one look almost like a later addition, trick of the light ?

I believe you are correct that it is the lighting and angle of the photograph that makes the hash marks look strange and almost glow. Here is another photograph of the 6000 TAD Dial and the hash marks appear to be going into the subdial similar to what we have seen in both 6139 Proof and Resist examples :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
In case someone looking there is 95xxxx proof yellow with crc crystal on fleabay now. Seems original except for later taper h-link.

Too rich for my blood though

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
In case someone looking there is 95xxxx proof yellow with crc crystal on fleabay now. Seems original except for later taper h-link.

Too rich for my blood though
That's a parts drawer mash-up turd. Sure do like the CRC though !

17J wrong movement

Water70proof dial text at 9 o'clock is wrong for a May 1969 it would be a JDM early SpeedTimer dial.

As you pointed out wrong bracelet

$1600 !! Sure hope no one gets suckered in.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's a parts drawer mash-up turd. Sure do like the CRC though !

17J wrong movement

Water70proof dial text at 9 o'clock is wrong for a May 1969 it would be a JDM early SpeedTimer dial.

As you pointed out wrong bracelet

$1600 !! Sure hope no one gets suckered in.
Hmm so you are saying that May 69 is too early for non speed timer?

I seem to recall there is a silver proof from June or July 69, so it would be close to cut off month.

That 17J also seems to be 6139A which would fit the dial?

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Hmm so you are saying that May 69 is too early for non speed timer?

I seem to recall there is a silver proof from June or July 69, so it would be close to cut off month.

That 17J also seems to be 6139A which would fit the dial?
I owned this May 1969 Yellow Dial SpeedTimer - sold to a member here a while back.
Silvers are marked WATER70PROOF but are never known in early JDM badged dial format like this yellow dial below.
17J is never JDM, regardless of A or B It must be a 6139A 21J to be correct without a doubt.

20170422_235852-1_zpscbcooz1l.jpg

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
^^^^^^ Ummm??? ^^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I just like Explosions.... just take a quick look at my Profile Avatar :)
Hahahaha, well I do too but these are US jets which I’m involved with and I hate to see them shot down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigbluekyle
21 - 31 of 31 Posts