The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Pardon my bad poetry, I am going to unveil two different Seiko 6105-8110 watches in one posting.

One is a bit of a mash-up, but good enough to wear proudly and I won't worry so much if I scratch it.

The other? Well, it's sweeter! :-D

Here is the first package, from Ray Gonzalez. It looks a littler bigger than the normal Priority Mail bulk-rate box, which seems odd... Oh, wait, Ray is from Texas!! :-D Never mind!

Click for Big Image

Inside we find some cheery green bubble-wrap. Like it's Christmas!

Click for Big Image

Under that layer are what look like three individual bundles. I wonder what's up with that? I only bought one watch from Ray.

Click for Big Image

Okay, two of the bundles are very light, and one is heavy. Let's start with the light ones, okay?

Click for Big Image

Okay, the first one has the WJeans waffle strap. Check!

Click for Big Image

The second light bundle has the re-lumed dial, and the old hardlex crystal. Ray says there is also the Yobokies hour and minute hands in there too.

Click for Big Image

So that leaves the third, heavy bundle, which contains his Seiko 6105-8110.

Recently serviced by Jack at IWW, with relumed hands and a replacement second hand, and a very 'blue" sapphire crystal, but the case and bezel look very nice and dial is nicely aged as well.

Click for Big Image

Here is a closer look at the face. Like I said it's nice enough to wear with pride, but I won't freak out if I bang it against a door frame. ;-)

Click for Big Image

Here is the case-back shot. A couple of dings at the lugs, but not bad. It looks like that rough texture on the case is how it was machined?

Click for Big Image

And finally, the lume shot, with the bright hands (especially the minute hand!) and the nice old, dim hour markers and bezel pip.

Click for Big Image

Okay, that was the "beater" now for the "sweeter"!! :-D

This one is from my favorite vintage Seiko diver seller, the time traveler himself, Mike "Mighty" Mounce!

Click for Big Image

Upon opening the (slightly smaller!) Priority Mail bulk-rate box, a bubble-wrapped bundle presents itself.

Looks like something is leaking out of that left side though! :-D

Click for Big Image

Within the bubble-wrap is something rolled in foam wrap.

Click for Big Image

Unrolling that I find two objects, one of which is half of an original,very rare XGL731 strap, in fantastic condition! :-O

Click for Big Image

Digging further Mike's 6105-8110 is revealed, in equally fantastic condition!!

I *love* these vintage Seiko divers, and I feel privileged to be able to have them in such incredible condition, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to where the ones like this! :-/

This seems like a museum piece, not just a watch I throw on my wrist on the way to work.

Click for Big Image

Here is the case-back, my lighting shows it at it's worst, but the case is obvious very "clean".

Click for Big Image

Here is a closer loo, it is simply stunning! 8-D

Click for Big Image

Well, there they are; the "beater" and the "sweeter". :-D

I hope you enjoyed the shows, now it's late, I have to get to bed. :-}

Thanks for looking!

- Thomas

·
Registered
475 Posts
Both are very sweet watches. You are very lucky to have such awesome watches. The sweeter one is a real beauty.

·
Registered
169 Posts

Pardon my bad poetry, I am going to unveil two different Seiko 6105-8110 watches in one posting.

One is a bit of a mash-up, but good enough to wear proudly and I won't worry so much if I scratch it.

The other? Well, it's sweeter! :-D

Here is the first package, from Ray Gonzalez. It looks a littler bigger than the normal Priority Mail bulk-rate box, which seems odd... Oh, wait, Ray is from Texas!! :-D Never mind!

Click for Big Image

Inside we find some cheery green bubble-wrap. Like it's Christmas!

Click for Big Image

Under that layer are what look like three individual bundles. I wonder what's up with that? I only bought one watch from Ray.

Click for Big Image

Okay, two of the bundles are very light, and one is heavy. Let's start with the light ones, okay?

Click for Big Image

Okay, the first one has the WJeans waffle strap. Check!

Click for Big Image

The second light bundle has the re-lumed dial, and the old hardlex crystal. Ray says there is also the Yobokies hour and minute hands in there too.

Click for Big Image

So that leaves the third, heavy bundle, which contains his Seiko 6105-8110.

Recently serviced by Jack at IWW, with relumed hands and a replacement second hand, and a very 'blue" sapphire crystal, but the case and bezel look very nice and dial is nicely aged as well.

Click for Big Image

Here is a closer look at the face. Like I said it's nice enough to wear with pride, but I won't freak out if I bang it against a door frame. ;-)

Click for Big Image

Here is the case-back shot. A couple of dings at the lugs, but not bad. It looks like that rough texture on the case is how it was machined?

Click for Big Image

And finally, the lume shot, with the bright hands (especially the minute hand!) and the nice old, dim hour markers and bezel pip.

Click for Big Image

Okay, that was the "beater" now for the "sweeter"!! :-D

This one is from my favorite vintage Seiko diver seller, the time traveler himself, Mike "Mighty" Mounce!

Click for Big Image

Upon opening the (slightly smaller!) Priority Mail bulk-rate box, a bubble-wrapped bundle presents itself.

Looks like something is leaking out of that left side though! :-D

Click for Big Image

Within the bubble-wrap is something rolled in foam wrap.

Click for Big Image

Unrolling that I find two objects, one of which is half of an original,very rare XGL731 strap, in fantastic condition! :-O

Click for Big Image

Digging further Mike's 6105-8110 is revealed, in equally fantastic condition!!

I *love* these vintage Seiko divers, and I feel privileged to be able to have them in such incredible condition, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to where the ones like this! :-/

This seems like a museum piece, not just a watch I throw on my wrist on the way to work.

Click for Big Image

Here is the case-back, my lighting shows it at it's worst, but the case is obvious very "clean".

Click for Big Image

Here is a closer loo, it is simply stunning! 8-D

Click for Big Image

Well, there they are; the "beater" and the "sweeter". :-D

I hope you enjoyed the shows, now it's late, I have to get to bed. :-}

Thanks for looking!

- Thomas
Congrats on your new watches! Your beater is my birth year & month. Should you ever want to part with it, pls let me know...mine says hi on a bonetto cinturini strap that I just received

·
Registered
461 Posts
I notice the first one hasn't an original crown, do you know what type it is as I'm after a stop gap replacement for 6105 cheers mate

·
Registered
169 Posts
I notice the first one hasn't an original crown, do you know what type it is as I'm after a stop gap replacement for 6105 cheers mate

Excuse me for butting in, I assume you infer is not an original crown given the number of teeth? If so, pending the OP confirmation, they still do come in handy when it comes to replacing crown gaskets.
Myself, trying to make my watch waterproof again, I got a set of gaskets from a fellow in the Philippines (James aka Gatsuk on WUS forums) including a crown gasket but since only a few can do this procedure for it seems complicated I just got an aftermarket crown from another great fellow on eBay as a more straightforward solution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts