The Watch Site banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been ages since I posted anything new, so here's two new watches.

The first is a 6309-7040 mod project I started in March last year and have just finished assembling. The case has been DLC'd by Bry - great bloke, does excellent work - the dial is from a 1970 U.S. Military issue Westclox, hands are from a 7S26-00D0, PVD bezel insert from Harold, leather PVD Zulu from wjean. Shame I don't have a better camera, the pics don't do it justice, I'm really pleased with the result.

The second is a bargain buy from ebay. I've always liked the blue 6138-8010, I heard it's the rarest 6138, it's long been a fixture on my day-dream wish list. This original example didn't attact a lot of attention so I bagged it for a pony including P&P and enough change for a round of drinks. A tense wait while it travelled half way round the world ended yesterday, it's really sweet, very classy, full working order, in great shape, possibly relumed? and I'm not sure about the second hand?

Cheers, Sam.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
wow..great work on the 7040..and the 6138..gorgeous...great eye for both...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jim, the bracelet certainly has retro chic in spades, but the construction and quality are just plain poor. TBH I will probably store it somewhere safe and wear the watch on something a bit more solid and dependable.

Both very nice Sam:) but the 6138 is super cool ,I love the bracelet.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
To Bad this .........

Its to bad Seiko has made such quality watch over the years
and put to cheap of a bracelet on them. If they had a heavier
one and as those old watchs look, that would have given them
much more character. Imagine if that bracelet came stronger
and little more solid like some other ones, man it would make
them ...... ZING.
But thats a real Beautie and a knock out ......... Sam.
I like that Military too it looks great.
I keep coming back to see it, then the other one shows up also
............... Woooooooo .
Great work done there .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.