The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fancying another motor bike for some time now to play with but only a fancy not a REAL desire as some of the drivers on our roads these days leave a fair bit to be wary of.

Anyway I saw an old BSA on another forum today for sale that got my interest and I showed it my wife saying I wouldent mind this knowing what she would say but...............

She dident say no as I expected she would, instead she said buy it if you want to but don't come moaning to me when you get killed on it LoL

She called my bluff so I shut up :( but it was a nice bike :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ahhh, true love, combined with good life insurance coverage...

I do hope you'll show off the new wheels when you can. I have a life goal of picking up an old, thrashed Triumph or Velocette someday and rebuilding it. Just to say I did. :)

- Craig

·
Registered
771 Posts
I knew a guy who did the restoration thing with his first bike and ready to go with the second. His opinion was go the ready to go and ride it home.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
It's always been my opinion that a good wife has a civilizing effect on her husband. I don't know where I would have wound up through the years if mine hadn't made me see sense. It sounds like yours is a quality lady and worth holding on to.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I have been fancying another motor bike for some time now to play with but only a fancy not a REAL desire as some of the drivers on our roads these days leave a fair bit to be wary of.

Anyway I saw an old BSA on another forum today for sale that got my interest and I showed it my wife saying I wouldent mind this knowing what she would say but...............

She dident say no as I expected she would, instead she said buy it if you want to but don't come moaning to me when you get killed on it LoL

She called my bluff so I shut up :( but it was a nice bike :)
I can't find a pic of my old bike, but my 1st street bike was a BSA 650 Rocket, a lot like this pic from the internet. It was fast for sure.

·
Administrator
29,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those were the days...early 1970's.

My BSA M20 combination with oil drip tray.

View attachment 408925
Me and a mate bought a BSA A10 with a double adult side car in the 60s to share for £14 complete with a spare engine.

We cleaned it up and got it running well and on its first trip my mate wrapped it round a lamp post, made a right mess of it, I think we sold the wreck for a fiver, those where the days :)

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
Ahhh, nostagia is a wonderfull thing, try riding one of those bikes today, haha.
Ive not long finished restoring a BSA B40 for the Royal Military Police museum at Southwick. Naturally i took it for a spin after it was finished. Brakes, what brakes? Handled like a pig, and 0 mph to 60 mph required several hours notice.
Back in the day we used to use these beasts for scrambling and thought they were the bees knees.

This is the latest thing they have aquired, and they've asked me how do they check the air brakes.
I told them to drive it over the cliffs at Beachy head and see if they work. I think they knew i was joking.:eek:hmy:
IMG_3415.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts