The Watch Site banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
33,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won this crystal lot this week mainly i wanted it for the crystal at bottom left which had its original price sticker still on the back £3.15 :'( plus there were two Belle ones in the lot and another 6 or so that will come in handy.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
nice catcah, and just in case anyone was wondering, that is what original seiko parts packaging looks like, not the little plastic baggies with a cardoard top that you regularly see on the bay.

·
Administrator
33,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to say there were 40 in the lot but what do you think the one was that i really wanted and got ? :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Good haul there John!

Glad you found some worthwhile pieces in there. Over the years, I have probably purchased 6 or 8 seiko parts lots via bay with the eye on certain parts which were unattainable elsewhere. The end result is that I have a couple of parts draws full of misc packaged items (mostly xstals) that will just sit there. It doesn't make any sense to me to try to resell them and I know I will never have watches to use them in.

Reminds me of the '70s claymation christmas show "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" where there was an island where unwanted toys resided. Is there such an island for orphan seiko parts lots that will just accomulate dust? :'(

·
Administrator
33,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,
I think we all must have small or large quantities of NOS Seiko (and others) parts sitting in box's that we will never use in our own areas of interest but to some one else they could be there grail or final piece in the jigsaw for there restoration etc almost makes me wonder if it would be worth us having a section were we could post a picture/list of spares that could be for sale or trade that we know we will never use, sort of a "Spares Box" corner, be great also for such as the odd bracelet link or part bracelet that we have sitting round that some of us could really use, in fact any spares we just have sitting about.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Personally I think thats an awesome idea. I am always in need of oddball spare parts plus I also have some I would be happy to list.

TheTigerUK said:
Thanks,
I think we all must have small or large quantities of NOS Seiko (and others) parts sitting in box's that we will never use in our own areas of interest but to some one else they could be there grail or final piece in the jigsaw for there restoration etc almost makes me wonder if it would be worth us having a section were we could post a picture/list of spares that could be for sale or trade that we know we will never use, sort of a "Spares Box" corner, be great also for such as the odd bracelet link or part bracelet that we have sitting round that some of us could really use, in fact any spares we just have sitting about.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
TheTigerUK said:
I forgot to say there were 40 in the lot but what do you think the one was that i really wanted and got ? :)

Nice haul John. 8)
Does this mean the tuna is getting new glass? ;)

40+, I guess I know who to call. Actually I need one for mine. Any spares? ;)

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
sharkfinDave said:
Nice haul John. 8)
Does this mean the tuna is getting new glass? ;)

40+, I guess I know who to call. Actually I need one for mine. Any spares? ;)

Cheers, Dave.
Luka-san, Dave....Luka-san, grasshoper. He's da man for tuna parts, dude. John Tiger UK will be the first one to tell you this. ;)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Chris said:
Luka-san, Dave....Luka-san, grasshoper. He's da man for tuna parts, dude. John Tiger UK will be the first one to tell you this. ;)
Yes, you're right, I keep forgetting. I'll need to compile a list and make my order.
Thanks for reminding me.

Arigato Sensei Chris-san. :-* lol.
Dave.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
sharkfinDave said:
Yes, you're right, I keep forgetting. I'll need to compile a list and make my order.
Thanks for reminding me.

Arigato Sensei Chris-san. :-* lol.
Dave.
My pleasure, bro!

Just send the guy an email, already. He's awesome!
CHRIS

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am a big fan of parts lots on ebay.
that is a good score- I sypathize about the 39 other crystals.

Ive scored some good stuff- I bought 3 lbs of sales samples years ago and got an NOS 6309-7049 case

several crystal and gasket lots, some crown lots- all kinds of stuff.
the not so fun part , dealing with the parts that I dont need or want..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts