The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you realise that the filing of metal/rust has actually taken off a very important bit and has now rendered a movement useless until a replacement is found!!!
Yep I managed to file the small bit off the end of the setting lever on my 6105B movement when I first stripped it down, it had some rust all round the stem and setting mechanism so a good clean and a file to clean up, now on the rebuild I realise what I have done, so now apart from the crown which is away with "Clockman " fingers crossed back soon mate, I need to source a setting lever now. Moral of the story double check components before setting to work on them.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Try a fibre-glass pen instead of a file.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Aha...oh...well I thought I'd probably be able to help you out but checking it up I don't think the setting lever is interchangeable to other movements, so prob not even worth me looking. I'm sure I don't have a spare 6105b. Sorry.

Part number 383615

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Tom that's a very kind gesture, so please don't worry about looking ok but thanks for your time though. Believe it or not cousins uk have them in stock, the only off putting thing with cousins is the postage costs, so I might just ask my local smith if she could possibly add one to her order for me and get her to swallow the postage, cheeky I know but I know she'll add abit on to cover her time etc

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Borels show interchange list as SEK 6105A 17JL AUTO CAL DSS SEK 6105B 17 JL-21,600 BPH-DSS-AUTO-CAL-SEC SETTING SEK 6117A 21,600 BPH 17 JL-DSS-AUTO-CALENDAR-ADJ STUD-SHOCK SEK 6117B 21,600 BPH-17 JL-DSS-AUTO-CAL-SEC SETTING SEK 6118A 21,600 BPH-17 JL-DSS-AUTO-CAL W/CORR-ADJ STUD HOLDER SEK 6145A 25 JL 36,000 BPH DSS AUTO CAL DATE CORRECTOR SEK 6146A 25 JL 36000 BPH DSS AUTO CAL DAY DATE SEK 6159A AUTO CALENDAR 25JL DSS SEK 6185A

·
Registered
912 Posts
Borels show interchange list as SEK 6105A 17JL AUTO CAL DSS SEK 6105B 17 JL-21,600 BPH-DSS-AUTO-CAL-SEC SETTING SEK 6117A 21,600 BPH 17 JL-DSS-AUTO-CALENDAR-ADJ STUD-SHOCK SEK 6117B 21,600 BPH-17 JL-DSS-AUTO-CAL-SEC SETTING SEK 6118A 21,600 BPH-17 JL-DSS-AUTO-CAL W/CORR-ADJ STUD HOLDER SEK 6145A 25 JL 36,000 BPH DSS AUTO CAL DATE CORRECTOR SEK 6146A 25 JL 36000 BPH DSS AUTO CAL DAY DATE SEK 6159A AUTO CALENDAR 25JL DSS SEK 6185A
Ah interesting. I need to pay more attention to that site don't I!

I was just looking at my seiko watch parts catalogue and that states the 6105b is a derived movement from the 6106a and that 383615 is 'not interchangeable'. But I suppose that is just not interchangeable to the derived movement?! Makes sense now it would likely be used again on other places.

·
Registered
912 Posts
When you realise that the filing of metal/rust has actually taken off a very important bit and has now rendered a movement useless until a replacement is found!!!
Yep I managed to file the small bit off the end of the setting lever on my 6105B movement when I first stripped it down, it had some rust all round the stem and setting mechanism so a good clean and a file to clean up, now on the rebuild I realise what I have done, so now apart from the crown which is away with "Clockman " fingers crossed back soon mate, I need to source a setting lever now. Moral of the story double check components before setting to work on them.
Ah good on em.
I just look the other way when I finalise my orders!
I think it is about the £50 mark where the postage takes a bit if a jump up...I often have to tweak my order down a bit.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Ah interesting. I need to pay more attention to that site don't I!

I was just looking at my seiko watch parts catalogue and that states the 6105b is a derived movement from the 6106a and that 383615 is 'not interchangeable'. But I suppose that is just not interchangeable to the derived movement?! Makes sense now it would likely be used again on other places.
The catalogue's right, the 6105a and 6105b are from the 6106a, but both 6105's use the same lever - which is incompatible with the base calibre.
It's giving me cross eyes looking at the pdfs :(

·
Registered
912 Posts
The catalogue's right, the 6105a and 6105b are from the 6106a, but both 6105's use the same lever - which is incompatible with the base calibre.
It's giving me cross eyes looking at the pdfs :(
Thanks 7s26b :)

Not long ago I was going to print the whole load out. But then I stumbled across these:

Nothing that's not easy reach here on scwf, but I do love these two folders !

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Thanks 7s26b :)

Not long ago I was going to print the whole load out. But then I stumbled across these:

Nothing that's not easy reach here on scwf, but I do love these two folders !
I much prefer a paper copy to a pdf, Tom. Those binders and contents are the business:)
I find it a lot easier to navigate paper manuals and I just generally like books - you won't find any type of e-reader in my possession!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I WANT THEM!!!!!!!!!

Well chaps whilst you lot have been pouring over the PDFs and thank you so much for doing so it has been very enlightening, I have finally managed to get the movement back together and ticking away nicely.
It's a long way from finished, dial needs attention and I still haven't bought a new case clamp for it, oh and the crown as mentioned before, but I have made a rather fetching para cord watch strap for it, might not be true to the age but I like it as it spreads out a little at the lugs, I find the normal strap size just abit too thin for the case size, my opinion but there you go.
Now it's time to look through all those movement numbers and start searching, that us before I trouble my local smith tommorow when I get home for the weekend.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Thanks 7s26b! What else do I need to be looking out for?! I did also pick up "the seiko book" - that's nice, but I need more :)

Well done transporter....oh let's see your home strap! (I'm sporting my own creation also today).

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thickman, I'll post up early next week as I'm home at the moment for the weekend and my 6105 is back at the hotel, so I'll post up Sunday or Monday mate

1 - 16 of 16 Posts