The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #1
Two people from the same family have tested positive for coronavirus in the UK, the chief medical officer for England has announced.

The Chinese nationals were guests at the Staycity apartment-hotel in York, before being taken to the (Royal Victoria Infirmary in NEWCASTLE)馃檲馃檲馃檲
NOooooooo Don鈥檛 Be Trying To Infect Us Geordies we don鈥檛 even wear coats in the winter馃憤

The hotel remains open for business but their apartment will be thoroughly disinfected, the company said. DOMESTOS IS OUT THEN AT LEAST馃槣

Meanwhile 83 Britons evacuated from Wuhan in China are in quarantine.

They were taken to Arrowe Park Hospital in Wirral, where they will remain for 14 days, after their flight landed at RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire on Friday.

The new coronavirus has caused the deaths of 213 people so far - all in China.

Cases of the virus have reached nearly 10,000 in China - and more than 100 cases have been reported in 22 other countries.

Watches By Seiko/Citizen and The SCWF Are Unaffected By The Virus馃槀馃槀

Attachments

Registered
It's very worrying - the Health Authorities will always say "remote chance" and "not to worry" but they would wouldn't they........... do they really know enough to be so sure?

This time of year in the UK many have a "flu type" virus which cannot be treated medically and just has to run it's course.

Us "smart" humans seems to be doing what the virus wants........free transportation around the globe, IMHO, the UK should certainly close it's airports to flights from China.........but is it now too late?

Face masks now sold out, after supplies had increased prices.

Special Member
Sir Neilo...Its scary especially here in Thailand where we have the largest number of cases outside China.

Surgical masks are already starting to disappear here. I heard there was a theft of a large quantity of masks from a warehouse in Hong Kong. Are surgical masks the new currency? I am well stocked and even have my own super cool Black Ninja mask. Wash your hands frequently and occasionally sanitize your Seiko (just joking) and what else can you do?

Registered
I wouldn't worry about the lack of face masks. They aren't effective after five minutes. Once they are saturated with the water vapour in our breath you might as well hold a wet hanky in front your nose.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Registered
I have access to full face powered respiratory protective equipment. Happy to swap for just a mere handful of great condition 6105鈥檚 and 6138鈥檚. Just do me a favour and don鈥檛 look to see how much or little these things cost my company!

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #7
I have access to full face powered respiratory protective equipment. Happy to swap for just a mere handful of great condition 6105鈥檚 and 6138鈥檚. Just do me a favour and don鈥檛 look to see how much or little these things cost my company!
Pip you can Supply a Free Mask with every Service your entrusted with馃憦馃憦馃憦
Anyone with a Watch/Watches already with you get first Dibs馃槀馃槀馃槀

Anyway I Think I鈥檓 Sorted馃槀馃槀馃槀

Attachments

Registered
Yes worrying stuff. I travel out to China a lot for work. I returned from my last trip early December so missed the start of the outbreak. The next trip was going to be March but that has been cancelled indefinitely thank goodness. I have a lot of friends and colleagues that are Chinese nationals and stuck in the middle of it all, all of them are ok at the moment. Fingers crossed it'll stay that way. Not so good news on the contacts though by the time the CNY travel ban is lifted and then they've all been advised to stay off work for 10 days after travelling back we're looking at nearly 4 weeks delay on everything we have going on out there. Still a small price to pay to keep this under control.

Registered
Sir Neilo...Its scary especially here in Thailand where we have the largest number of cases outside China.

Surgical masks are already starting to disappear here. I heard there was a theft of a large quantity of masks from a warehouse in Hong Kong. Are surgical masks the new currency? I am well stocked and even have my own super cool Black Ninja mask. Wash your hands frequently and occasionally sanitize your Seiko (just joking) and what else can you do?
Back here, tourists from China outnumber those from all other nations by a wide margin . So imagine the magnitude of the potential disaster we were exposed to. Before the quarantine there were direct flights from Wuhan to Manila. Right now there are 3 confirmed cases (1 has died, one went back to China, th last still in a Philippine hospital, all of them Chinese tourists) and more than 500 under investigation for possible exposure.a and the list grows daily.

Masks are being sold at extortionate prices by enterprising crooks, leading the government to prosecute the most flagrant violators

Take care everyone.

Sent from my B15Q using Tapatalk

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #13
Back here, tourists from China outnumber those from all other nations by a wide margin . So imagine the magnitude of the potential disaster we were exposed to. Before the quarantine there were direct flights from Wuhan to Manila. Right now there are 3 confirmed cases (1 has died, one went back to China, th last still in a Philippine hospital, all of them Chinese tourists) and more than 500 under investigation for possible exposure.a and the list grows daily.

Masks are being sold at extortionate prices by enterprising crooks, leading the government to prosecute the most flagrant violators

Take care everyone.

Sent from my B15Q using Tapatalk
Totally agree馃憦馃憦馃憦12 Cases now in the UK and it鈥檚 getting scary.
Just shows how the public reacts to outbreaks and also how the Bug is able to
Skip countries because of ignorance.

AqualandKing
Discussion Starter #14
Looks Like we have one With the Virus in one of our Prisons Now馃檲馃檲馃檲
Not sure if that鈥檚 a Good Thing馃槷

1 - 14 of 14 Posts