The Watch Site banner

201 - 220 of 291 Posts

·
Special Member
2,642 Posts
Thanks guys! The 6139 Pogue Bezel Insert showed up on the Bay at what I thought was a very cheap price so I pulled the trigger. I have a few 6139s with inserts in poor condition so I was looking for a replacement in better shape. I have a hard time telling some AM parts so it's good to know the Bezel is Original! Thanks again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
What is the model and date on this watch? From the one photo it looks like a very well-kept original watch. The dial looks good and has a small halo forming on the subdial. There is a lot of smoodge and DNA between the crystal and tachy bezel. Hands look right and the lume looks beautiful and it matches the quality of the indicator ring. Does it have the right crown? Just my $.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply ! :)
It's a 1973 model.

This model looks very nice. But the salesman says that bontons tend to stay in the pushed position (they are a little hard and do not always come back). It scares me a little ... :unsure:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thank you for your reply ! :)
It's a 1973 model.

This model looks very nice. But the salesman says that bontons tend to stay in the pushed position (they are a little hard and do not always come back). It scares me a little ... :unsure:
That's almost always due to a hardened pusher/button gasket. Easy fix I don't think you should worry.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
That's almost always due to a hardened pusher/button gasket. Easy fix I don't think you should worry.

Yup, very normal which also points to the need for a service. But this is expected.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Yup, very normal which also points to the need for a service. But this is expected.

Does it make me strange if I said the "stuck pusher" description always encourages me? Lol. Makes me think its most likely unmolested. Oh and scratched up crystals.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Does it make me strange if I said the "stuck pusher" description always encourages me? Lol. Makes me think its most likely unmolested. Oh and scratched up crystals.

Yes! DNA, DNA, DNA is the way.

Reactions: borgsauce

·
Registered
228 Posts
Here's another one.

I've always like this one but it gets too little wrist time. Can you wear more than one watch?:confused: IMG_0402.jpg

·
Registered
174 Posts

Seems to be in great condition for a Resist -6002, but the fact that the seller is based in the Philippines is raising all kinds of alarm bells in the back of my head.

Am I missing anything obvious that would peg this as having AM parts? The sundial printing doesn’t go to the edges which is pretty concerning

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

Seems to be in great condition for a Resist -6002, but the fact that the seller is based in the Philippines is raising all kinds of alarm bells in the back of my head.

Am I missing anything obvious that would peg this as having AM parts? The sundial printing doesn’t go to the edges which is pretty concerning

Is the date on the back a “6”? If so, this is a re-dial. The silver Pogue dials are really hard to tell, but there is a updated Pogue buying guide on the SCWF by Tom I believe.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Is the date on the back a “6”? If so, this is a re-dial. The silver Pogue dials are really hard to tell, but there is a updated Pogue buying guide on the SCWF by Tom I believe.

Yeah, appears to read 603345. I’ve looked through that guide, what do you mean by a re-dial though? That it’s original but a donor or that it’s AM?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
BTW, there is a very good looking Proof blue dial 6139 on our favorite auction site. It is going for just over $500 and it is also a Make Offer. It’s on a Uncle Seiko bracelet too. Only issue is internal bezel teeth. I just had one restored otherwise I would be on this one.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yeah, appears to read 603345. I’ve looked through that guide, what do you mean by a re-dial though? That it’s original but a donor or that it’s AM?

Oh, sorry about that, I believe this is an AM dial. It’s REALLY hard for me to tell for sure but I believe so for a couple of reasons. The pics are just a little grainy to know for sure. But you are correct to be leery of watches from the Phillipines looking this good. Take a look at Toms Pogue buying guide. He has some nice detailed photos of the silver dials.

Reactions: IAmTheClayman

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Oh, sorry about that, I believe this is an AM dial. It’s REALLY hard for me to tell for sure but I believe so for a couple of reasons. The pics are just a little grainy to know for sure. But you are correct to be leery of watches from the Phillipines looking this good. Take a look at Toms Pogue buying guide. He has some nice detailed photos of the silver dials.

Oh, I’m sorry again, I read your reply too fast. What I said above but I can’t read the dial Id text due to the pic granularity. I also don’t like the subdial tic marks. The whole package is waaaay too clean to me too. But better pictures are a must.

Regardless, it’s the wrong dial for a 1976 watch.

Reactions: IAmTheClayman

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hei guys, hope im not hijckaing the thread but taking the lead from a previous poster, I've recently been 'offered' this for sale, but not being knowledgeable on 6139 'Pogues', I figured I'de confirm with the more knowlegeable people around here.

This is advertised as an all original 1976 silver pogue, however from my past research, i'm having a hard time believing so. I think the dial and bezel insert are AM (sellers photos):

And clearly the sides have been way to polished?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Lou

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hei guys, hope im not hijckaing the thread but taking the lead from a previous poster, I've recently been 'offered' this for sale, but not being knowledgeable on 6139 'Pogues', I figured I'de confirm with the more knowlegeable people around here.

This is advertised as an all original 1976 silver pogue, however from my past research, i'm having a hard time believing so. I think the dial and bezel insert are AM (sellers photos):

And clearly the sides have been way to polished?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Lou

Definitely an AM dial, and a pretty ballsy one too. If you look at the markers on the subdial, they’re meant to extend all the way the the beveled edge. The markers on the example you posted come nowhere close to touching the edge

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Definitely an AM dial, and a pretty ballsy one too. If you look at the markers on the subdial, they’re meant to extend all the way the the beveled edge. The markers on the example you posted come nowhere close to touching the edge

Yes, that is indeed a VERY AM dial. I would run, not walk away from this one. AM dials are fine if you don’t mind originality, and the price reflects it, but if this is being marketed as original the seller is being dishonest.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up guys!
I was under the impression that it was so, despite my limited knowledge on these.

However, since there were fewer of the typical hallmarks of AM dials present — besides the gap in the sub dial, the applied logo seemed almost correct (given the angle of photo) but the subtext looked off, the JAPAN font looked okish too —, doubt was instilled. ;)

Cheers,
Lou

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up guys!
I was under the impression that it was so, despite my limited knowledge on these.

However, since there were fewer of the typical hallmarks of AM dials present — besides the gap in the sub dial, the applied logo seemed almost correct (given the angle of photo) but the subtext looked off, the JAPAN font looked okish too —, doubt was instilled. ;)

Cheers,
Lou

You had good instincts Lou. Sometimes its just a feeling, like a disturbance in the force... But in general, for me, I don’t go for it when it’s this “pretty” unless I know the seller well. You were correct too about it’s origin.

201 - 220 of 291 Posts