The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after seeing lots of different 6139's and 6138's...i have been thinking about when they were made....specifically the stem and gear setup...i know the 6319's have a rotating inner bezel...is that setup the same?...how about the 6119?...any one else look into this?...i dont think the crown is the same...and maybe even the stem is different...but that little gear and spring ...are they the same?...how about the rotating inner dial?...any help will so be greatly appreciated....God Bless John

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hey john.... Yeah this has been discussed before.... I think I did a comparison photo shot too.
6119s and 6139s are pretty similar with regards to the stem and gear and spring.
I'm sure it will be said that a 6119 stem won't fit the 6139.....
I can't say that I have definitely tried. I probably did though.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i did not think the stem would fit but my hope is to find that elusive gear and spring...really appreciate the response...God Bless John

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I have both stems. The double key stem for the 6119 Sports 70 watch with the inner rotating bezel absolutely will not work. I put them side by side a while ago and the length is off and the square keyways do not line up. Absolutely a no go.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well how about just the gear and spring?...great info Mike...thank you

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
That I do not know since I do not collect 6139 chronographs. When I found the 6139 stems I had a while ago I checked my stock and I had some 6119 stems. I am redoing a 6119 Sports 70 so I knew it had the inner rotating bezel so I wanted to see why there were two different part number so I took them out and put them on the bench side by side. The tip lengths are not the same and it that was it then it would be an easy modifications but the two keyways on the stem are not in the same place. Different enough that I would not attempt it.
I saw someone on eBay selling the 367611Seiko stems and they put a note in the add that it could be used in place of 357612 with some work. I personally can not see how.

Michael

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well you are correct Mike...the stem will work but the inner dial would never turn as it would not accept the gear and spring.....from my research so far...the inner gear and spring look to the same and was used on quite a few models ...the stem itself is very different...there is a attempt to make a whole new stem/gear setup to fix it ...but i am told it is in the beginning stages...someone needs to make the original 357612 stems...they would have a gold mine on their hands...and those gears and springs are just as hard to find too..

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well thank you for info...too bad it never worked out on that thread...i am sure someone will figure this out...God Bless John

·
Registered
845 Posts
This is what Jules Borel lists for models using the stem:
0357612 (discontinued)
STEM, ROTATING RING MODEL Interchage part #401/694

SEK 6106B-25JL 21,600-25 JL-DSS-AUTO-CAL
SEK 6106C 21,600 BPH (17,23, 25 JL) DSS AUTO CAL SEC SETT
SEK 6117B 21,600 BPH-17 JL-DSS-AUTO-CAL-SEC SETTING
SEK 6119B 21 JL 21,600 BPH DSS AUTO CAL DAY DATE
SEK 6119C 21,600 BPH 21 JL DSS CAL DAY-DATE
SEK 6133A 21,600 17 JL DSS CHRONO AUTO CAL DAY DATEHope that helps. BG

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you bench Guy...appreciate it

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ladiesseiko is advertising a replacement bronze gear on Ebay but that's not what you get. Her gear is pressed onto a stem. There is no spring because it doesn't move. I've asked for a return shipping label. When you press the crown in, the bronze gear will eventually destroy the plastic teeth on the ring. When I voiced my concern, she replied:
"but we have tested that the rotating ring is not damaged ... you can test it.
or You returned it to us. We refund 100%".

The setup does work. I guess you could use it with an aftermarket ring that you don't care about. I suppose the gear could be removed and drilled to work but at $40 there are other options.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
This is what Jules Borel lists for models using the stem:
0357612 (discontinued)
STEM, ROTATING RING MODEL Interchage part #401/694

SEK 6106B-25JL 21,600-25 JL-DSS-AUTO-CAL
SEK 6106C 21,600 BPH (17,23, 25 JL) DSS AUTO CAL SEC SETT
SEK 6117B 21,600 BPH-17 JL-DSS-AUTO-CAL-SEC SETTING
SEK 6119B 21 JL 21,600 BPH DSS AUTO CAL DAY DATE
SEK 6119C 21,600 BPH 21 JL DSS CAL DAY-DATE
SEK 6133A 21,600 17 JL DSS CHRONO AUTO CAL DAY DATEHope that helps. BG
Borel is wrong in this case. The 0357612 and 0357611 don't interchange. It won't work on the 6117 world time as the lengths are different. Been there.

·
Special Member
7,362 Posts
Ladiesseiko is advertising a replacement bronze gear on Ebay but that's not what you get. Her gear is pressed onto a stem. There is no spring because it doesn't move. I've asked for a return shipping label. When you press the crown in, the bronze gear will eventually destroy the plastic teeth on the ring. When I voiced my concern, she replied:
"but we have tested that the rotating ring is not damaged ... you can test it.
or You returned it to us. We refund 100%".

The setup does work. I guess you could use it with an aftermarket ring that you don't care about. I suppose the gear could be removed and drilled to work but at $40 there are other options.

Regarding the brass gear (I sourced one from Seikomania on ebay from Thailand), yes it did turn the inner rotating ring, but on a Pogue it won't go in far enough to advance the date and day.

Lots of us are tempted to solve the missing/broken Pogue Stem and Gear issue with aftermarket parts. I have been playing around with the options out there and here are my unscientific results.

A. Hal0eight or VTA on ebay from Australia offers plastic gears that are excellent substitutes,
B. Do NOT buy the Thai version aftermarket gear or gear mounted on a stem from ebay as they have fatal flaws.

Many have tried the VTA polyurethane gear and report good performance. It seems to fill the void well when an OEM is not available.
In SEIKO speak the gear part number is 998613.

I bought one of the brass ones of ebay (from Thailand, seller = seikomania) just to check it out. In my judgement it should be avoided.
The design of the gear is just all wrong. Wrong tooth pattern PLUS wrong gear width (depth). It does "work" for spinning the inner rotating ring, but it doesn't change the day of week on mine (won't push in far enough). Also given the tooth pattern does not match the original, I worry about the meshing of the gears and the eventual wearing down of the plastic underside of the SEIKO inner rotating ring. Who needs a new part that could ruin the existing rotating ring?

Pictures show:
A. Proper all-OEM SEIKO parts
B. Plastic / Brass / OEM top view
C. Brass / Plastic / OEM on the stem to which the brass is tack welded

Attachments

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well said my friend.....there is only two solutions i will use...genuine parts or adrians gear....other ones u will take your watch in jeopardy of damage....better to do it right the first time...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts