The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Special Member
26,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Especially a Goldtone on a stretch band ? What I mean is does anyone wear one watch all the time and have many in there collection that they never wear ? Do Tell...

·
Registered
416 Posts
No me, but i have a few friends that have been wearing the same watch for years and years. both a big guys, one wears a thin gold plated dress seiko from about 2002 and the other friend wears a gold plated citizen, again its a thin dress watch. They think I'm crazy wearing a new watch everytime they see me, go figure.lol.............

·
Registered
379 Posts
I wear my SKX007J for 4 weeks at a time, then I have 2 weeks off from work and I wear different watches daily for the 2 weeks.
When I get home Tuesday first on the wrist will be my fresh from a mild restoration and cleaning 6105-8110 on a new seiko marine master strap:D

·
Registered
695 Posts
The longest period of time I wore a watch (Except my Casios which I wore 7-8 months when I was working on the ships) was 5 weeks 24 / 7 when I was accuracy testing my mil mod SKX173 which lost one second total!

Most of the time, I change a watch or two everyday.

Same watch many years? Yikes!

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I only wear ONE watch all the time (except in bed/shower + I wear a Polar heart rate monitor cycle training).

I'm a watchmaker and have hundreds of watches:eek: but when I do one up I list it and don't want to mark it etc.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I wear a solar atomic G-Shock at work for accuracy and durability. After work I run the rest through the rotation. There are a few that run and should be serviced that I do not wear, I don't want to damage them because the movement oil has dried up.

Mark

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I wore a 7A38 from 1984 to about 2009.

Since being corrupted by the evil SCWF I rotate every day.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I wear a solar atomic G-Shock at work for accuracy and durability. After work I run the rest through the rotation. There are a few that run and should be serviced that I do not wear, I don't want to damage them because the movement oil has dried up.

Mark

Watch movements hardly ever wear (well, hardly ever Seiko/Citizen et al anyway) - even with dry oil. If you want to wear them occasionally - go for it:)

·
Special Member
6,533 Posts
Probably few on this forum stick to just one.

Myself the rotation varies but only 1 gets worn when going to work. As a field based sales manager I wear it and no other exclusively when on sales calls.

I did have only one watch from 1990 to about 2000-ish, an H601- Ani-Digi dress model. Still wear it every now and then.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I used to rotate between 5 or 6. Now I use an Orient Star for work and going out and an Alpinist for the weekend.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not me. If I only wore one all the time I would simply sell the rest rather than let them stay in the watch box. My collection usually hovers between 12 & 18 in number and I wear them all in rotation. If anything finds itself not getting worn it usually doesn't make it very long before it gets a new home.

David

·
Special Member
6,533 Posts
Not me. If I only wore one all the time I would simply sell the rest rather than let them stay in the watch box. My collection usually hovers between 12 & 18 in number and I wear them all in rotation. If anything finds itself not getting worn it usually doesn't make it very long before it gets a new home.

David
X2.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I wore my 7T32 for years straight when I couldn't afford to have Seiko change the batteries in all my other watches.

Now, things are better, thank God, and I've figured out how to change the batteries.

Lots more watches now so I wear each watch for a week straight then move on in the rotation.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I never even wore a watch until two years ago, though I owned two. Now I feel naked without one, and wear at least two different ones a day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts