The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I became obsessed with the model and now have 3. How many till i'm the Arnie King? ha ha... I bet there are some collectors with 5 or more? Anyone care to admit it?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the H601-5480 and I admit I'm looking for more variants.

You are still the king 8)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Only the one at present however I wouldnt mind a 2nd.
THIS is what an Arnie should look like....... NOT with the crappy rubber strap it originally came with!! ;D

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
The top king (bar none) in the Arnie department is our very own Brad (airborne guy), who owns 8 or 10 arnies, all bought new in store at their selling time. All original models. Everytime he posts pics of his arnie collection, my jaw hits the floor hard. I'd like to see him posting more frequently here, showing his awesome collection from time to time.

I own 2 Arnie myself. Currently, both are at the spa for full treatment (both cosmetically and mechanically).

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
^-^ Chris just the one for me my friend and its all i ever wanted.Im not a big lover of the Orange Dialed one so i will stick to the one ive got.
Nice to see some folk with more than 5,Impressive to say the least.
Hope your well mate.Neilo.

·
Administrator
30,414 Posts
Neil, The aqualand king loned me his Arnie for a week or so and i have to say i liked it but more as a nice "beater" to be worn for every day use, i was slightly dissapointed with the size of the dial and hands (readability wise) for us older guys, eyes not as good as they were, in fact nothing is as good as it was ???

·
Registered
821 Posts
Gee,I only have 2 Arnie,5000 and 5009
,1 x 601 post-Arnie and lastly a pre-Arnie H556..

They are really iconic and sure have a place in seiko lovers collection!!

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
have to admit it, as much as it is a cool solid look, these old eyes and those little read-outs just don't compute any more. :'(

TheTigerUK said:
Neil, The aqualand king loned me his Arnie for a week or so and i have to say i liked it but more as a nice "beater" to be worn for every day use, i was slightly dissapointed with the size of the dial and hands (readability wise) for us older guys, eyes not as good as they were, in fact nothing is as good as it was ???

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I have 1 x H558-5000, 1 x H601-5480, 1 x H601-5481 en a pre-Arnie H556... I'll post some more pictures soon...

This one of my favourites, i recently restored it completely:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts

it's a highly addictive model...

The H601 just came back from yamahafs1 (I took out one screw too many and it all came apart). It's now away to get a fresh sapphire crystal, the current crystal has been buffed out and that gives a strange effect.

I also have this one:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting bracelets. I recognize the gl831 and the Z-22 but what bracelets are thos 2 black ones?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
One is from the SKZ255 and one is from Stella, don't know if it "belongs" to a Seiko mode (NB-SS-226DS, BLACK Plating PVD , US$24.99 Each )l.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Ok maybe this is heresy, but as much as I like the Arnies (and would not mind having one in my collection) I generally prefer the styling of the modern seiko that borrows most of it's styling from the arnie, the Frankenmonster. I'm not a fan of the 5 logo on the dial, but thankfully the 7s movement lends itself to an infinite variety of dial swaps. that plus it is an mechanical, which for me is easier to keep in rotation:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts