The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Invicta diver with the Seiko Sii NH15. The dial is crappy quality as is typical with Invicta's, and I would like to replace it.

Does anyone know if Yobokie's or Noah's dials will fit it? Crown is at 3pm, and I hear the movement gave way for the 7S25 caliber (similar architecture).

Any info. would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Jorge Merino of Timezone.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Any dial that will fit the 7s25 will fit the NH15 but the size of the dial is what's important...it has to fit the watch case. There are also very few date only options for this caliber.

It's best that you talk directly with Harold and Noah or Jake.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
jmerino7 said:
I have an Invicta diver with the Seiko Sii NH15. The dial is crappy quality as is typical with Invicta's, and I would like to replace it.

Does anyone know if Yobokie's or Noah's dials will fit it? Crown is at 3pm, and I hear the movement gave way for the 7S25 caliber (similar architecture).

Any info. would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Jorge Merino of Timezone.
Hey Jorge. WOW, there is a name I've seen around the watch forums for a REALLY long time. I've really enjoyed reading your articles and posts through the years. A pleasure to have you here.

The SII NH15 is not similar architecture to the seiko, it is the same movement as the Seiko 7s25a. Don't believe invicta's claims of having modified anything. All they've done is added a decorated rotor with invicta speil. As a result, any dial that fits a 7s25 will fit the NH15. Keep in mind that crown location affects the location of dial feet and the alignment of the date window, so try and get a dial made for the crown in the location of the donor watch.

I hope that helps, and Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I once checked into buying an invicta with that movement thinking it would make a cheap starting point for a mod project. The problem I ran across was the dial was much larger in diameter than any of the actual Seiko dials or the after market dials that I could get specs on. I did not end up buying the watch.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Good point you and pete make. the dials are made to fit the case, so even though the movements are the same, the invicta case probably takes a different diameter dial.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Careful! The NH15 is a 10.5 ligne movement, whereas the NH25 and NH26 (a.k.a. 7S25 and 7S26, respectively) are 12 ligne. See here. Does the Invicta use the NH15 or NH25?

Best,
Myles

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys! This info. really helps. I'm off to measure the dial and see if it can be replaced.

Thanks so much.

Jorge.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
jmerino7 said:
Thanks Guys! This info. really helps. I'm off to measure the dial and see if it can be replaced.

Thanks so much.

Jorge.
Jorge,

At the risk of being repetitive, the NH15 is not the same as the 7S25. Dials made for the 7S25/7S26 likely will not fit the NH15.

Best,
Myles

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Good catch Myles. I totally missed that he said NH15 instead of NH25. I could have sworn that the seiko caliber invicta is using is the NH25 though.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Isthmus said:
Good catch Myles. I totally missed that he said NH15 instead of NH25. I could have sworn that the seiko caliber invicta is using is the NH25 though.
Isthmus,

I agree. I'm almost certain they're using the NH25. The NH15 can be wound from the crown, and I don't recall Invicta boasting about that feature.

Best,
Myles

·
Registered
845 Posts
Oh, the search for a dial to fit these Seiko powered invictas may be on again. There is a screaming deal on one at one of the online retailers. Does anyone know what the OD of a Sammi dial is?

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Selym said:
Careful! The NH15 is a 10.5 ligne movement, whereas the NH25 and NH26 (a.k.a. 7S25 and 7S26, respectively) are 12 ligne. See here. Does the Invicta use the NH15 or NH25?

Best,
Myles
You're right Myles!
I erred when I made that comparison. As such, the 7sxx dials will not fit since the dial feet will not be in the right place, irrespective of dial diameter.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Pin said:
You're right Myles!
I erred when I made that comparison. As such, the 7sxx dials will not fit since the dial feet will not be in the right place, irrespective of dial diameter.

Pete,

I think the original poster erred. I'm pretty sure Invicta is using the NH25 (7S25 equivalent), not the NH15 (likely 4205 equivalent).

Best,
Myles

·
Registered
845 Posts
In the end, because I couldn't find a drop in dial that would fit the application, and because I didn't want to support a company that I find to be fundamentally dishonest, I did not buy the invicta. I was really tempted.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
aladin_sane said:
In the end, because I couldn't find a drop in dial that would fit the application, and because I didn't want to support a company that I find to be fundamentally dishonest, I did not buy the invicta. I was really tempted.
Zeke commends you for your bravery in the face of temptation and won't have to bring out...

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
A small correction -The NH25/6 movements are infact the 7S25/6B movements - not their earlier "A" incarnation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts