The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
30,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO there a useful little holder but very light and easy to catch/move by accident when in use, again IMO :)

Last night i was using the 4561.70 holder while doing a little tinkering on a 6309 movement and again I found it quite flimsy to work with so...........

Today I decided to make a movement holder for the movement holder :), I had a spare noggin of material, so I turned it down so that the holder drops onto the spigot with a couple of thou to spare, got the emery/wet and dry out and polished the finished holder up and this is the result, I quite like it.

Some time in the future I intend to make a holder similar to this but instead of using the Seiko plastic holder I want to make it all out of stainless and incorporate a lock for holding the movement in place.

·
Researcher
5,026 Posts
Great work again John, very nicely done.
Is there another flat opposite the one on the base of the Seiko holder?

·
Craftsman
3,719 Posts
Can I come over to your house to Play??

:)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Now that's crazy because just last night I was running some idea through my head as to how I might keep the light little movement holder in place better while working on the movement clamped in it. I was thinking of building some sort of upside down table device out of some heavy gauge sheet plastic and glue some guides in it. then maybe glue some magnetic strips on its edges for some extra weight. This way if you bump it the movement will not be jarred and possible knock something out of place while it is apart. Either way I agree with you 100% the movement holders could use any kind of help to keep them in place on the bench.

Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts