The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the PR can easily last through the night, but I have a habit of winding the watch that I am currently wearing every morning.
If it is hand windable, I wind it 20 times to give it a boost, otherwise I shake it 30 times or so.

What about the rest of you?

·
Administrator
33,224 Posts
Never, how i move about in the night i think it gets more of a wind that it does when i am working !!! ;)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Not me. If it's ticking, that's good enough. Unless I'm surprised it is still running then I give it some juice.

I used to wind the hand winders when not in use, but I've even given up on that. Besides, the 6r15 seems to last forever.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm with UpstandingCitizen, never wind it. Although I did read somewhere that giving it a wind once a week is suppose to redistribute the oil.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Time said:
I know the PR can easily last through the night, but I have a habit of winding the watch that I am currently wearing every morning.
If it is hand windable, I wind it 20 times to give it a boost, otherwise I shake it 30 times or so.

Not unless it is a handwind or in serious need of service!
The 40+ hour power reserve of most watches works just fine for me.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I wear a different watch almost every day, and most of the time it is an automatic, so after the morning coffee kicks in, my day doesn't get started without the "seiko shake". My 2-year old gets a kick out of daddy's hand shaking.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I usually pick the watch I'm going to wear next morning at night, and right then I set the time and give it a charge if it's an auto. When I wake up and take off my "night watch" (usually a digital but sometimes an auto), I just give the chosen watch a few more shakes and slap it on my wrist.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
LUW said:
I usually pick the watch I'm going to wear next morning at night, and right then I set the time and give it a charge if it's an auto. When I wake up and take off my "night watch" (usually a digital but sometimes an auto), I just give the chosen watch a few more shakes and slap it on my wrist.
You have a night watch?? :) Boy you need some serious WIS counselling!! ;)

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I don't, but I wish my wife would. She only has two watches, an old Citizen quartz (yes, I know you cant wind that !!) and a really nice vintage Elgin Mini Flipper. When she doesn't wear the Elgin for a few days I have to reset the date on it and it is a pain in the posteria. I may just have to buy her a winder...

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Time said:

No, my work watch is quartz ;)

I used to wind all my windable watches every morning...until the callouses on my fingers got so bad I couldn't wind the small to medium sized crowns :(
Quit winding them and now only do it when I pick one up to wear. The callouses have gone for the most part and I can once again wind the smallest crowns :))

1 - 15 of 15 Posts