The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
are any of us ever satisfied? the soul of collecting is the act and thrill of collecting, no collection is ever finished. I remember my dad collecting Leica cameras, He would get a fine collection then sell it and start over again and get a fine collection sell it and start over again.
I can only speak for my self but the thrill of getting a great bargain where ever I find it is the heart of collecting. :) an itch which need constant scratching.
banning of limiting these threads will most likely not bring peace to we with collectivitis, :)

·
2,237 Posts
are any of us ever satisfied? the soul of collecting is the act and thrill of collecting, no collection is ever finished. I remember my dad collecting Leica cameras, He would get a fine collection then sell it and start over again and get a fine collection sell it and start over again.
I can only speak for my self but the thrill of getting a great bargain where ever I find it is the heart of collecting. :) an itch which need constant scratching.
banning of limiting these threads will most likely not bring peace to we with collectivitis, :)
This I recognise only too well :)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
no, I like to use these types of threads as reference material. I look for variations, what was actually offered or at parts I might need.

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The junkies will just go to the next street corner over to get their fix!:eek:hmy: Seriously addiction is an incurable condition. All one can do is control it the best one knows how.
Every time someone post a picture of a new watch they picked up at least one member here will see it and like it so much they will decide one must be added to their collection. There are several models I did not know existed until I saw a post about the watch here and I eventually had one myself.

Michael

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
It all depends whose foot steps one follows or not. Or how many more than the original individual has collected already. :32:
Or there can be a equality of the similar same liked collection.:91::57:
Or there can be a liking of unlimited collecting.:72:
Either way it is going to continue no matter what, because of having the time or area to get them or not.
Its not the competition , it how much one wants them.:97: :93:
Also if it can be done in the area of the individuals ability in repairs and keeping them.:88::yahoo:
And there are many more also.:57:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Plenty to drool over on this site, - that's one of the reasons I'm here. I don't know if I am addicted, or afflicted. Either way I'm happy.. Keep 'em coming!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts