The Watch Site banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Poet Laureate
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a stopped 3802-7031 Quartz QT (pre-cursor to the Superior) from 1975. I paid $150 for it on YJ, and now I'll probably spend more to have it repaired. It's not worth that much, but I can't bear to have such a landmark piece lost for eternity. Does anyone else do this? Am I the only one who gets into projects because I just can't let them vanish forever.
Watch Analog watch Photograph Gesture Clock

·
Poet Laureate
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don’t we all? It’s all part of this hobby, in my mind.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes, but the difference is, most of you are saying you buy a project watch to restore because it's a watch you want, regardless of the questionable economics. I'm saying, have you bought one for the sake of the watch, because if you don't rescue it, no one else will, and it will be lost forever.

·
Poet Laureate
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why would I buy a watch I didn’t want, especially if it’s in bad shape? It’s a unique collector who would do that, just to “rescue” a watch. Perhaps a person who sees value, in such a piece, would buy, restore, and then resell it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exactly! It makes no sense. But I did it. This is a $150 watch, mind you, in good cosmetic shape. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't lost forever. That would be sad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts